PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo is Overrated

cardbuyer66
11-10-2004, 01:35 AM
I hate to say it because he is from Syracuse, but Carmelo Anthony is 100% over-rated. He plays absolutely no defense, I can't stand watching Denver's games anymore because of his lack of defense. I am still hoping for Anthony, only because he is from Syracuse. He is a ballhog, and if he runs back at all just stands there on defense. definitely a crappy pro. Once Anthony starts to play defense I will be a Anthony fan again. Win or lose doesnt matter, points dont matte, not hustling matters. He needs to wakeup and play to win...or else all his fans, like myself, will slowly grow to hate the way he plays

Bonds_25
11-10-2004, 01:57 AM
I completely agree, I even thought that last year when he performed at a high level. He is not that great of a shooter, as you said he is not a good defensive player, and he's not very giving with the ball. His main asset is his athleticism and ability to get to the basket.

He will eventually leanr to play D and more of a team game but I think a new coach in Denver would help him out a lot, some with a little more fire like Larry Brown did to him on the Olympic team.

minew_m
11-10-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm glad someone else see's this. I agree 100% with you, Melo is over-rated. Wade and James are both superior, but yet Wade often gets left out when talking about last years rookie class.

stalking_WOLF_21
11-11-2004, 01:30 AM
cardbuyer i can't agree with you more i think both Lebron and Carmelo have so much fame and popularity people can't see how much they don't do. I personaly think wade and bosh will be the best players overall in that years rookie class.. unless carmelo and lebron figure out that there is more to basketball then makeing high lights.

Bonds_25
11-11-2004, 02:33 AM
Lebron is much more of a complete player then Melo is, james has one of the best eyes in the game when making passes and finding open men. His jump shot is continuing to improve, he led his team back from 19 down tonight in the 4th quarter. He is a leader already and improving everyday.

cardbuyer66
11-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Carmelo finally played really well tonigt. It is still only the 3rd quarter, but he has 27 points and IS PLAYING DEFENSE this game. He had a layup and passed to Dermarr Johnson on the fast break. Earlier in the game he passed to White for a layup on a play he would have shot the 3 on earlier this season. I am hoping this is the way Anthony continues to play. If he continues to pass and give effort on both ends like tonight, the Nuggets will still have a really good season

greg bernhardt
12-08-2004, 01:45 AM
He'll be another big dog, mark my words

podstock
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by greg bernhardt
He'll be another big dog, mark my words

if he becomes another version of Glenn Robinson, someone better call the cops; the Denver Nuggets got robbed!

cardbuyer66
12-15-2004, 03:03 AM
And if he does then his G/F better watch out before he beats her like "Big Dog" did. By the way anyone want all of my Robinson cards? I will post this offer in the trading forum because I doubt anyone sees this