this is what the suspension should have been

Indiana Pacers
Ron Artest 20 games
oneil/jackson 15 Games

Detroit Pistons
Wallace 25 Games
Fans no more home games for the rest of the season

note: iam a pacer fan

maybe i went over borad on the fans but that what they do in soccer the fnas become to wild no more home games for a while

GO PACERS GO

REGGIE MILLER WILL WIN A NBA TITTLE THIS YEAR
keep those finger crossed

podstock
11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
obviously, you are a Pacers fan

No one in his right mind gives Ben Wallace 25 games and Ron Artest 20 games.

The suspension was appropriate for Ron Artest.

He wouldn't fight Ben Wallace (even after Wallace grabbed him by the throat), but he runs into the stands b/c someone threw a cup of ice/water/beer on him???

I think Stephen Jackson got a very light sentence, since he ran into the stands (even though he wasn't provoked) and started swinging away at everyone and anyone in sight. Jackson should've been suspended 50 games.

O'Neal's suspension is ok.

As for Ben Wallace, he clearly over-reacted, and then made the situation worse by almost-choking Artest ... so he should've gotten 20 games for helping to incite the mess

stalking_WOLF_21
11-25-2004, 01:48 PM
YOU GUYS THINK THAT Ben Wallace deserves alot of games but if he would have pushed ron artest and none of this fighting would have happened he would have gotten 5 games or less. You can not give Ben Wallace full blame for the fight the fight was ober when artest went into the croud

keithmcm
12-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Since the NBA came down hard on Indy and Detroit (correctly) got light punishment, Why did Detroit go into a tailspin afterward, and Indy has the best record in the East, with their two best players suspended, plus their two best shooters are either hurt or suspended, plus their projected starting center? Rick Carlisle is a genius, or the rest of their players are really pumped up. Austin Croshere and Fred Jones are playing like stars and before they barely played.

machardi
01-09-2005, 09:38 PM
it's a tough call. It's hard to write off Artest as being a total hothead because, really, he held his patience really really well. He handled the foul, and then the towel thrown at him, and never said a thing. It was only after the cup of beer that he snapped. Honestly, I'm surprised he held it together that long.

If you're bored, check out this home page, about Artest, it's hysterical, and the shirt is really funny.

www.ronartestkickedmyass.com

Mach.

TribeBuckeyeFan
01-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Since the NBA came down hard on Indy and Detroit (correctly) got light punishment, Why did Detroit go into a tailspin afterward, and Indy has the best record in the East, with their two best players suspended, plus their two best shooters are either hurt or suspended, plus their projected starting center? Rick Carlisle is a genius, or the rest of their players are really pumped up. Austin Croshere and Fred Jones are playing like stars and before they barely played.

Sorry to tell you, but as of right now, Indy is 7th in the East. They are only 3rd in their own division (behind Detroit, I might add). I realize I'm late posting this compared to your response, but they weren't first then, either.