Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very Nice of Angle!! Very fitting for the only Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling!

I met Kurt Angle before. He portrays a jerk on television 99.9% of the time.... but in real life he's a CLASS ACT guy! The one thing I remember was that there was a handicapped kid there, and he was signing autographs and taking pictures, and he apparently saw this kid out of the corner of his eye. He got up right in the middle of the conversation, walked over to the kid and said (and I'll never forget this), "You are number one in my eyes kid." He stayed and talked to that kid and his family for what seemed like 30 minutes. Offered to let the kid hold the championship belt (he had it at that time). He even offered to pick the kid out of his wheelchair and do some posing with him in the ring. That just impressed me so much considering he was probably tired and had other things to do and be concerned about. So he gets an A+!

Another nice guy, but really had a tough time after college playing the pros. Eric Montross.... met him a couple of times.

* and I realize he's not an NBA player.... but he's an Athlete.. so figured i'd post.

Hidden Content
    Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah i was very impressed... just never know according to what we see on tv... i would've thought he'd be a jerk. he posed with me and my wife.... so he was really cool all together.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

i have met several of the suns over the years at games and they were always nice and cordial and signed as many autographs as they could before they had to go in the locker room. same for the wizards players i have met... andray blatche seemed nice in particular.

magic johnson i met one time, at the lakers vs. wizards game in DC and he was sitting in my section. he was not mean but he also wasn't very nice. he and his date (i think) seemed kinda upset that people were bugging him for autographs he just "wanted to enjoy the game".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Lifeguardgarza's Items on eBay

I have never had the privilege of meeting any stars past or present, but my gf has. She was having dinner near the Staples Center and Bill Walton was having dinner with his wife. My gf went up to him during his dinner mind you and asked him for an auto and told him I was a fan. He was really nice and funny according to her and she brought me home his auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

About 25 years ago, I was at an NBA charity event, and a bunch of the big name stars were there--Magic, Isiah, Dr. J, and others. I was about 9 or 10 years old at the time, and got an autograph from just about everyone. Mark Eaton was there, and was so incredibly large that I was afraid to walk up to him (I eventually did, and he was very nice, as was Jack Sikma, who was also quite intimidating looking).

The long and the short of it is that Magic was one of the last players to arrive. I hadn't yet gotten his auto, so I approached him as he was standing in a line, talking to nobody, doing nothing. I politely approached him and asked for his autograph. He looked at me like I asked for his wallet, and proceeded to tell me that he was too busy. After he said those words, he immediately turned away and continued to do nothing. Even at the time (I was 9 or 10), I thought it was a total jerk move!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow seems like from the two experiences here Magic Johnson isn't all that nice of a guy.

About 25 years ago, I was at an NBA charity event, and a bunch of the big name stars were there--Magic, Isiah, Dr. J, and others. I was about 9 or 10 years old at the time, and got an autograph from just about everyone. Mark Eaton was there, and was so incredibly large that I was afraid to walk up to him (I eventually did, and he was very nice, as was Jack Sikma, who was also quite intimidating looking).

The long and the short of it is that Magic was one of the last players to arrive. I hadn't yet gotten his auto, so I approached him as he was standing in a line, talking to nobody, doing nothing. I politely approached him and asked for his autograph. He looked at me like I asked for his wallet, and proceeded to tell me that he was too busy. After he said those words, he immediately turned away and continued to do nothing. Even at the time (I was 9 or 10), I thought it was a total jerk move!!

Country
    See winjer33's Items on eBay

nice
    jonny flynn- talks with everyone while graphing
    corey brewer- laughs and smiles while graphing
    ryan gomes- nice and is always smiling

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theresag21's Items on eBay

I have met a few Mavericks and all were really pretty nice, but the one guy that stood out was Antawn Jamison.. He was soooo cool... He was wearing a Steelers jersey when I met him and told him that my brother is a huge Steelers fan. He told me that he did not like the Steelers.. LOL. He was wearing Greg Lloyd and that was good buddy of his. We talked for a while. Really stand up guy. He was talking to the wife and messing around with my oldest son.. It was pretty cool. Eduardo Najera was really cool, Josh Howard was ok, Devin Harris was pretty cool and looked like he just came out of high school his 1st year with the Mavs.. The biggest jerk ever was without a doubt Troy Aikman.. That guys was a punk. I have met him a few times and bumped into him at Dillards and everytime he had a major attitude.. He was a punk.. The coolest guys in football was Babe Laufenburg who now is a sports guy on the local DFW channel and Darren Woodson.. Both of them were sooooo nice. I actually met Darren at Bank of America with a buddy and we were waiting in line.. This was the year he broke his arm and asked him how he was.. Really cool guy.. I told him that he could deposit his check in my account and started laughing.. We talked for another 5 minutes or so.. He was really cool..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I talk to a lot of minor leaguers as we go to most of the local Fort Wayne Tin Caps games (Padres Affiliate) and Allan Dykstra is a complete prick. Jaff Decker on the other hand as well as Blake Tekote are pretty cool. Ive hung out with a few NBA guys that arent too bad. You have to remember though these people are regular guys too so when someone tells you no for an auto think about if you were at dinner with your wife and some punk kid wanted you to sign something. I have found if you are respectful and approach people in the right places most people will be cool about it. One of the guys i hang out with barely goes out anywhere except a small hole in the wall bar here in town. He wont go out where he plays because he has to entertain everyone the whole time he is there and cannot relax and just chill out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tiger plays basketball?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast