Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobbylou time!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Bobbylou time!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=518565

Knew it would happen. I was calling for it last game and now I get it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BeezerBarkhouse's Items on eBay

luongo has no cups. brodeur has a few. brodeur is clutch and knows what it takes to win big games. i'd feel comortable with brody in my net 8 days a week

Ha, not trying to call you out or anything but I remember gettin razzed by a few people in another thread for suggesting that Luongo should be the starter over Brodeur. My how things change.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ha, not trying to call you out or anything but I remember gettin razzed by a few people in another thread for suggesting that Luongo should be the starter over Brodeur. My how things change.

that was before last night. and yes things change. brodeur has struggled. time to try something new. I'd still take brodeur over luongo most of the time but right now he is struggling and canada needs some good goaltending if they want to win gold

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See agold2121's Items on eBay

Last night was not Brodeur's fault. Totally a scapegoat. His D pushed someone into him at one point, and there were a couple of deflections including one by Crosby. Langenbrunner should have also been pushed out of the front of the net. Canada just didn't execute like they should have. Don't blame Marty.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

You're telling me it was smart for him to bat the puck out of midair up the middle of the ice?? It was smart for him to overplay the puck leading to the first goal too?? We lost by 2 goals. If he'd have played the entire game within his own puckhandling means we'd have been a lot closer to winning. I agree the others could have picked it up. ESPECIALLY Getlaf whose playing like he's Theo Fleury size, Perry who is just plain invisible, Pronger who's too old as well as Niedermayer, and Boyle who should not be there. BUT, Marty has not come up with the big save when needed and its time for a change.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marty made two consecutive huge stops in the second on two breakaways. He made a lot of great saves in that game. Canada lost by two...one of which was an empty netter, essentially making it a one goal win by the US.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BeezerBarkhouse's Items on eBay

You forgot about the part when their was a loose puck sitting in the slot and instead of squaring up to the puck and getting ready for a shot he decided to try a flying poke check which also resulted in a goal. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where is his defense then? Shouldn't they clear that puck from the slot?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I was one of the razzelers in the other thread :)

I will first state 3 things I'm going to treat as facts:

After the last game, I fully expected this to happen. They'd switch to Luongo.

I will next say: Even with Andrew Raycroft in net, Canada will beat Germany. What they do in this game doesn't matter.

Finally, If Luongo plays (and beats) Germany, he will play against Russia. That, seems pretty much obvious to me.

And now for my opinion. If they make the switch, they can kiss the gold goodbye. They might get by Russia (only becuase Russia doesn't have, again IMO, a very good team) but with Luongo they will go no farther than the semis.

I hope I'm wrong, becuase I expect Luongo to get the games the rest of the way..... and obviously I'm cheering for Canada. I'll be the first to come back here and say I was wrong if it happens. I'll do it with a smile on my face.

I'm just not expecting it. I'm convinced that with Luongo we have no shot at a medal. He'll choke.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was one of the razzelers in the other thread :)

I will first state 3 things I'm going to treat as facts:

After the last game, I fully expected this to happen. They'd switch to Luongo.

I will next say: Even with Andrew Raycroft in net, Canada will beat Germany. What they do in this game doesn't matter.

Finally, If Luongo plays (and beats) Germany, he will play against Russia. That, seems pretty much obvious to me.

And now for my opinion. If they make the switch, they can kiss the gold goodbye. They might get by Russia (only becuase Russia doesn't have, again IMO, a very good team) but with Luongo they will go no farther than the semis.

I hope I'm wrong, becuase I expect Luongo to get the games the rest of the way..... and obviously I'm cheering for Canada. I'll be the first to come back here and say I was wrong if it happens. I'll do it with a smile on my face.

I'm just not expecting it. I'm convinced that with Luongo we have no shot at a medal. He'll choke.

hwaaaaaaa?!?! We don't agree again? You-know-where is freezing over. I think its obvious canada will destroy Germany, especially since Germany has a shark as their goalie. Problem is, I feel like Luongo can get the job done. I see this as an opportunity to rally the troops. This is a sign to the team that they aren't cutting it and change had to be made.

Though, I won't be shocked to see Brody in after Germany, I think Loulou will get it. Maybe again it will be a motivational thing and Marty will feel hungry about not performing well and just be a brick wall vs the offensive dynamo in Russia.

we shall see what happens. either way, we're in store for some good games!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast