Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards

Looking for help on a book value of a Starting Lineup

I have a Kenner Starting Lineup figure of Jerry Rice from 1989 in the original package and everything. If I'm correct in what I was reading, this is Rice's second Starting Lineup figure.

So, if someone could tell me the book value of this figure in the original package, that'd be great. Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

I don't know what the "book" value on the Rice figure is... but the bottom fell out of SLU's a couple years ago. This auction claims the book value is $75 but as you can see from it's final price, the book doesn't mean squat since SLU's really aren't collected anymore :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2489

SCF Rewards

Yeah, I kind of figured the bottom fell out of the Starting Lineups a long time ago. Even in the past few years, you've gotten the Sports Picks coming out which put the Starting Lineups to shame.

I really have no intentions on selling it. I was just kind of curious what the approximate book on it was, especially since I got it for free. Thanks a bunch.

SCF Rewards

oooohhhh!! very nice!!

I don't have that one. But I do have his 1991 and 1998.

I figure, one day, I'll find the rest of his SLUs for sale cheap as can be.

Am a big Rice fan

SCF Rewards

You can look up "book price" on SLUs on tuff stuff's web sight. That will tell you how accurate the price is to begin with. I wouldn't believe it for a second that these are worth anywhere near book. I tried to sell $400 book value of SLU for $40 and nobody was even remotly interested.

Heck even my $75 Mark McGwire 2nd year SLU doesn't even fetch more than $10 on a lucky day...

When McFarlane came out, all SLUs became worthless.

SCF Rewards

Yeah, I checked Tuff Stuff online right afterwards, and it did say $75.

Ya know, it sure is a whole lot better to say "Yeah, it's worth $75" than saying "Well, I can sell it for $7 on eBay", true?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by Darth Dorn
    Yeah, I checked Tuff Stuff online right afterwards, and it did say $75.

Ya know, it sure is a whole lot better to say "Yeah, it's worth $75" than saying "Well, I can sell it for $7 on eBay", true?
    People always want to make what they got sound like it's worth more...

That's why I get into debates with some eTopps people. Some think since 2001 Soriano was his first eTopps card than it's a rookie... sure everyone wants to call their card a rookie because that means premium value, but the fact remains Soriano had cards produced in '99 so no '01 card can be a rookie.

SCF Rewards

I have no problem in saying something is worth the book value if I have no intentions at all to sell it or trade it.

If, however, I am trading or selling something and there's a difference between the online pricing and the book value of something, I'll go with the online pricing because of the fact that that's what it's currently go for.