Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 266 of 282 FirstFirst ... 166216256263264265266267268269276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2816
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's really weird. Never seen that before.

Nope. Auction ran down in time and ended, and I received the message congratulation you won the item. It prompted me to go to checkout.

That's why this is strange. I understand sniping, I've done it, I've had it done to me. This seems a little bit different because the system is telling me I've won.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Never Mind. Problem Resolved.
    Last edited by mingus_md; 05-18-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Problem Resolved

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Is there a new kind of bidding bot on the scene? Twice now in 2 days (on mobile app) I've been told "congratulations" on winning the item, and when I proceed to checkout I'm told "cannot find item in cart" and when I refresh the item, somehow there is a bid one bump up from mine that is now the winner. Surely someone else has experienced this/has some insight? I've been on ebay a long time now, decades almost, I've never seen a "congratulations" followed by winding up outbid.

Man, that is a weird one. That's never happened to me before. Granted, I don't use eBay's mobile app that much, but I have used it on more than one occassion when bidding on a card.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just ran into similar problems on there. The first was a card that had a dinged corner. I didn't notice it or I wouldn't have listed it. My listings all state that conditions should be based on pictures and that additional pictures can be requested and provided before bidding / buying. It was on me as a seller, so I ate the cost and refunded him the money without asking for it back. I asked for him to leave feedback and he has yet to. The other was someone that thought my shipping prices were too high. Everything is detailed in each and every listing. Instead of trying to come to an agreement before hand he purchased the cards, paid and then ™™™™™ed. He bought over 10 cards and left 10 separate neutral feedbacks. Not a huge deal, but since I have a storefront I try to maintain the highest level of satisfaction. I messaged him and asked if it was necessary and still have yet to receive a response. I really wish that I was loaded and didn't have to resort to selling to buy my PC cards. Like most, that isn't the case. Sorry, just wanted to vent and let you know that you aren't alone!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

Could not attach previous comments, was truncated.
    This is with respect to eBay monthly listings, automatically now are Good 'till Cancelled GTC.

I felt the 80% number is really high too. So it could 80% of listings but not 80 % of users

UPDATE: Not sure if anyone else commented on this or not. This is now mandatory policy in Canada (ebay.ca) as well. As if July 1st. Just found out today.
    I guess I will have to monitor my listings like a hawk and cancel any unsold listings after 29 days, before I get charged, what a pain in the ™™™ this is going to be.
    Last edited by seafur; 07-08-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Wants: YZERMAN; JAGR; Chronology Autos; older player autos (ex. Franchises, Park. Champions, etc);
    VEZINA WINNERS GU & Autos; TOEWS/KANE 2007-08 BAP Dual Auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Could not attach previous comments, was truncated.
    This is with respect to eBay monthly listings, automatically now are Good 'till Cancelled GTC.

UPDATE: Not sure if anyone else commented on this or not. This is now mandatory policy in Canada (ebay.ca) as well. As if July 1st. Just found out today.
    I guess I will have to monitor my listings like a hawk and cancel any unsold listings after 29 days, before I get charged, what a pain in the ™™™ this is going to be.

GTC will not renew every 30 days, it will be once every calendar month. So if you're concerned about items relisting twice in a 31-day month, that's no longer an issue.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

GTC will not renew every 30 days, it will be once every calendar month. So if you're concerned about items relisting twice in a 31-day month, that's no longer an issue.

My concern is that I get 50 free listings a month. When eBay.ca has their free listing promos (ie. 500 free listing day or week), I often list about a 100 cards using the BIN with OBO. I might sell about 8-10 cards and then I just wait until the next promo to relist the ones that did not sell. Now they will just get relisted automatically and I will have to pay. I know the obvious solution is to just list everything as an auction, but I find the BIN is way more effective, and getting the 30 day exposure is helpful and maximizes a sale. Not a big deal, just frustrating, another eBay policy I will have to accept.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

My concern is that I get 50 free listings a month. When eBay.ca has their free listing promos (ie. 500 free listing day or week), I often list about a 100 cards using the BIN with OBO. I might sell about 8-10 cards and then I just wait until the next promo to relist the ones that did not sell. Now they will just get relisted automatically and I will have to pay. I know the obvious solution is to just list everything as an auction, but I find the BIN is way more effective, and getting the 30 day exposure is helpful and maximizes a sale. Not a big deal, just frustrating, another eBay policy I will have to accept.

Yeah, in that case you need to stay on top of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allonblack13's Items on eBay

Here's a good one. Bought some cards and the seller overcharged despite a PM clearly stating their shipping fees. I didn't notice until after I had paid so I asked the seller for a refund on the difference. Sure, no problem he says. A few days go by, nothing. I PM again, oops, forgot, I'll do it tonight. Another week, now he's saying he the cost was correct and what's my problem, it's only a couple bucks? I point out that I wouldn't have bought the cards if he hadn't said one price and charged another. Now I'm petty and small minded and wasting his time. I say OK, you win, I'll leave a neutral and other people can decide if they want to deal with this, all you had to do was what you said you would and this wouldn't be an issue. Now I'm a F!@# tard and an ignorant small mind f!@#. So I did leave neutral feedback, very descriptive and polite (just like all my PMs to the seller). Today he messaged me to say that he was sorry for being a dick and that eBay had removed the neutrals (which they did...what?!?). So yeah, apparently that's how eBay rolls these days. I never heard a peep from them and they just scrubbed this guys feedback despite being a VERY vitriolic person via PM. Any way...FYI...lukecrisbyscards is the handle if you'd like to avoid this guy
    Last edited by allonblack; 07-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Are you sure you typed the user name correctly. I search it and it won’t come up.

What did the neutral feedback say? If you said the word “eBay” in it they will remove the feedback. There are other reasons as well.

Page 266 of 282 FirstFirst ... 166216256263264265266267268269276 ... LastLast