Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

  •  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Game Used Prices

  
  1. #1




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    662
    SCF Rewards
    2,326
    Country
    See qball0730's Items on eBay

    Game Used Prices

    I heard from someone that because game used are so common in the marketplace that you can usually only sell them for between 20%-25% of book value as where most cards can be sold for 35%-40% of book value, do you guys feel this is true or is my friend misinformed...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
  3. #2




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,159
    See cfa10123's Items on eBay

    That's very true. A game used card worth $20, can be picked up for $2.

    Tim

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #3







    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    43,436
    SCF Rewards
    17,302
    Country

    Yes Game Used cards are worth nothing nowadays. All of the prices continue to fall because companies make too many of them. They are turning into insert cards of the early 1990s.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #4




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11,853
    SCF Rewards
    96

    what exactly is a game used sports card?

    Can anyone scan an example?

    I've got an Upper Deck Kobe that says "game dated"

    is this the same?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #5







    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    43,436
    SCF Rewards
    17,302
    Country

    Originally posted by podstock
    what exactly is a game used sports card?

    Can anyone scan an example?

    I've got an Upper Deck Kobe that says "game dated"

    is this the same?
    A Game Used card has a piece of jersey or bat or ball on a card.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #6




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,454
    SCF Rewards
    278
    Country
    See bonds-4-mvp's Items on eBay

    Re: Game Used Prices

    Originally posted by Qball76
    I heard from someone that because game used are so common in the marketplace that you can usually only sell them for between 20%-25% of book value as where most cards can be sold for 35%-40% of book value, do you guys feel this is true or is my friend misinformed...
    While it's true most Gu only go for 20-25% BV, I disagree with your friend in his assessment that most cards can be sold for 35-40% BV. Some of the autos and hotter RCs may go for that much, but normal inserts go for under 10% BV.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #7







    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    43,436
    SCF Rewards
    17,302
    Country

    Re: Re: Game Used Prices

    Originally posted by bbgiants
    While it's true most Gu only go for 20-25% BV, I disagree with your friend in his assessment that most cards can be sold for 35-40% BV. Some of the autos and hotter RCs may go for that much, but normal inserts go for under 10% BV.
    Actually Autograph, Rookie Cards, and low numbered cards can go for a lot more than what they book for. Its all supply and demand.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #8




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,159
    See cfa10123's Items on eBay

    Supply and demand is what it boils down to. A /10 insert/auto/jersey whatever, will likely go for a lot of money if it were to sell.

    Tim

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #9







    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    43,436
    SCF Rewards
    17,302
    Country

    Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Supply and demand is what it boils down to. A /10 insert/auto/jersey whatever, will likely go for a lot of money if it were to sell.

    Tim
    Yup. That's why whenever I get game used cards now. They have to be numbered or autograph under a print run of 25.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #10




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11,853
    SCF Rewards
    96

    pwaldo, are you serious? Only 25 print run?

    That would make the card extremely rare and pricey, compared to the hundreds of thousands of cards produced.

    how much does such a card go for?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Upcoming Product Releases
    On November 14, 2018
    2018-19 Certified (Basketball)

    On November 14, 2018
    2018 Leaf Metal Draft (Baseball)

    On November 16, 2018
    2018-19 Flawless Collegiate (Basketball)

    On November 16, 2018
    2018 Prime (Auto Racing)

    On November 21, 2018
    2018 Obsidian (Football)

  • Upcoming Card Shows
  • Last 5 SCF Posts
  • SCF Box Break Reviews
  • Latest Member Blog Entries

  • Last 6 TTM Successes


  • About SCF

      Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

      SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

    Follow SCF on