Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post US sailors hit by 'hood attack' in Turkey

http://news.yahoo.com/us-sailors-hit...NUSisAbpXQtDMD

A group of nationalist Turkish youths on Wednesday attacked three visiting US sailors in Istanbul, trying to force sacks on their heads in an assault angrily condemned by the US government.

Several dozen members of the nationalist youth group Turkiye Genclik Birligi (Turkish Youth Union/TGB) attacked the sailors in the Eminonu district on the Istanbul waterfront, a popular tourist hub.

They sought to force white sacks onto the heads of the sailors, who were in civilian dress, and chased them across the quayside, shouting "Yankee Go Home" and "Down with US Imperialism".

The use of hoods was a reference to an incident from the 2003 Iraq war that outraged many in Turkey when US forces in northern Iraq arrested a group of Turkish soldiers, forced hoods on their heads and held them for three days.

The incident inflamed nationalist sentiment in Turkey and formed the basis of the smash-hit 2006 film about Turkish agents in Iraq "Valley of the Wolves: Iraq".

"We want you to get lost and we are using our right to protest," the group said it told the sailors.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Kronozio

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure this youth group is just a bunch of teens and twenty somethings with too much angst, kids will be kids, boys will be boys...terrorists will be terrorists, you know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Maybe I've been living under a rock...but how is the US currently imperializing?

Andrew Bailey: 208/255 not including 1/1's (81.6%); 226/458 cards including 1/1's(49.3%)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe I've been living under a rock...but how is the US currently imperializing?
    We're not, but if you port in their city and have an air force base in their country, you're an Imperialist to them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

We're not, but if you port in their city and have an air force base in their country, you're an Imperialist to them.
    Understandable. I thought I had missed the next 'Scramble for Africa'.