Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it's awesome that you got to meet Major League while wearing a t-shirt with the Major League Baseball logo on it. Was that intentional? lol Did you go both days or just the second? Who'd you get to see? I LOVE The Wonder Years, Gaslight Anthem and Modern Baseball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was slightly intentional. I actually wore the shirt to support Modern Baseball, not realizing I'd be meeting Major League later that day haha. I only went the second day and I got to see quite a few bands: The Parlor Mob, Modern Baseball, Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties (especially awesome since I missed out on The Wonder Years the previous day), Real Friends (twice), Cloud Nothings, The Front Bottoms, Manchester Orchestra, Pianos Become the Teeth, and some of Gaslight Anthem (we left halfway through their set just because we were so exhausted). It was a great time and I definitely plan on going next year again and probably going for VIP again as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great start to the week with 5 returns and an unexpected surprise from Topps.

Ryan Garbutt 1/1 8x10 c/o Dallas Stars in 188 days
    Awesome return from one of my favorite grinders in the NHL.

Chris Tierney 1/1 8x10 c/o San Jose Sharks in 164 days
    Another return from my "Holiday Sweater" project.

Colin Wilson 1/1 8x10 c/o Nashville Predators in 127 days
    When I opened this and saw it was ripped, I was a bit disappointed. However, after seeing the note, I can't help but love the one-of-a-kind nature of it now.

Hunter Dozier 1/1 c/o Northwest Arkansas Naturals in 19 days

Lucas Sims 1/1 c/o Carolina Mudcats in 14 days

And this came from Topps. A few years ago in a box, I pulled a redemption for a JP Ramirez autograph. He was released not long after and this has just been sitting in limbo for a few years. Topps finally came through with a replacement and it's a pretty cool one.

Ryan Ripken 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

6 returns so far this week:

Patrick Sharp 1/1 8x10 c/o home in 80 days

Chase Blackburn 1/1 8x10 c/o home in 66 days

Matt Chapman 1/1 c/o Stockton Ports in 15 days

Jamie Westbrook 1/1 c/o Visalia Rawhide in 14 days

Chris Heston 1/1 8x10 c/o San Francisco Giants in 27 days

Darren Ewing 1/1 8x10 c/o KUTV2 in 9 days
    Ok, so this one might be a bit random, but I love it and it came out great. He was in what is widely considered to be the greatest bad movie of all-time, Troll 2. If you haven't seen it, look it up. It's hilarious.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Miesha Tate 1/1 8x10 c/o Xtreme Couture in 133 days

Kyle Higashioka 1/1 c/o Tampa Yankees in 18 days

Christian Binford 2/2 c/o NW Arkansas Naturals in 17 days

Aaron West 1/1 c/o Corpus Christi Hooks in 12 days

Patrick Wisdom 2/2 c/o Springfield Cardinals in 12 days

George Hardy 1/1 8x10 c/o his dental office in 12 days
    Another success from an actor from the hilariously bad movie, Troll 2. Thinking about sending it to the other actors pictured next if I can find the addresses.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two more returns since my last update:

Trea Turner 1/2 c/o San Antonio Missions in 55 days

Mike Liut 1/1 c/o Octagon North America in 1232 days(!!!!)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went and did a bit of IP graphing postgame at today's Blueclaws/Drive game. Went to the Greenville side and it was pretty mobbed for Yoan Moncada. He signed quite a bit, doing multiples for some people, but literally skipped over me every single time I thought he was going to sign. I literally stood next to him for about 10 minutes while he signed for a ton of people who had gotten him multiple times, but for whatever reason, he wouldn't take my sharpie. Very frustrating.

Another guy I was really excited to graph was Javier Guerra. He's been on fire this year and even hit a home run today. Dude flat out blew me off and ignored me along with quite a few others. Michael Chavis was another no-signer. Signed for one guy and did it very begrudgingly and basically steamrolled his was to the bus. I also missed Nick Longhi somehow.

I did however snag a few graphs and these guys were all great so it made up for it slightly.

Jalen Beeks 1/1
    Lefty college kid out of Arkansas. He pitched today and got lit up. Other than his last two starts though, he was on his way to a breakout year. Could make some waves and finish strong. I basically told him to just forget about this one and just get back to whatever he was doing the first few months. He thanked me and actually gave me a bro hug, which I've never had a player do. Nice guy and I wish him the best.

Mauricio Dubon 1/1
    Red Sox #29 prospect. Literally came out of nowhere to last year to break onto the list and I think he'll be even higher in the rankings next season. His power numbers are up, his stolen bases are up, he's getting on base more, and he's a pretty good fielder. Definitely has potential if he can keep proving his draft position wrong.

Michael Kopech 1/1
    Red Sox #12 prospect and 2014 1st round pick. This guy would've signed all day if people kept handing him stuff, which was a nice breath of fresh air today. Super nice guy who is having a really good, though unlucky, first pro season.

Rafael Devers 1/1
    Red Sox #4 prospect and MLB's #5 3B prospect. He is putting up fantastic numbers this year in his first time above rookie ball. He's only 18 and putting up good numbers across the board.

Overall, I did ok today, but this was definitely one of the worst day's I've ever had at Lakewood with a visiting team. In all my years graphing at the A level, I've only been turned down by 2 people (one of which was Bryce Harper 3 times) and I've seen the occasional tough graph, but I've NEVER seen 3 guys on the same team be this rough at this level. It's pretty disappointing. I'm probably just gonna try the 4 guys I didn't get through the mail since I don't want the photos to just lay around. If you're graphing any of these guys in the future, good luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

really hate to hear that.....I may go to a game that involves Greenville...was hoping to get yoan.....maybe I will get lucky.......can u 50/50 the blueclaws?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been very slow going the last few weeks. Only 2 returns and I haven't really had time to send anything out either.

Clint Dempsey 1/1 8x10 c/o Seattle Sounders in 28 days

Randy McKay 2/2 (8x10 and my 4th success on a team photo) c/o home in 82 days

SCF Rewards
    Country

3 returns after the long weekend yesterday:

Raul Alcantara 1/1 c/o Stockton Ports in 18 days

Jesse Eisenberg 1/1 8x10 c/o Broadway show in 48 days

Wade Boggs 1/1 8x10 c/o home in 169 days

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast