Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

*** The Lucha Underground Thread ***

Does anyone else here keep up with Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network? They're on Wednesday nights @ 8PM EST to 9PM. I'm an avid fan and I watch every week.

They have former talents such as Johnny Mundo (AKA John Morrison in WWE), Alberto El Patron (AKA Alberto Del Rio in WWE), Mil Muertes (AKA Judas Mesias in TNA), Chavo Guerrero Jr., Jack Evans, Prince Puma (AKA Ricochet), Konnan (from WCW but he doesn't wrestle he's a manager for Prince Puma), Ivelisse (former Tough Enough Contestant, wrestled for TNA too), Son of Havoc (former Tough Enough contestant), Big Ryck (AKA Ezekiel Jackson in WWE), Blue Demon Jr., Cage (former developmental talent for WWE in FCW, he also wrestled 1 match for TNA), DelAvar Daivari (AKA Daivari in WWE and AKA Sheik Abdul Bashir in TNA). They also have a great deal of talent that wrestle/wrestled for AAA, in Mexico, Japan etc. The ringside announcers are Vampiro (yes, the same guy from WCW) and Matt Striker (former announcer/wrestler in WWE too). I really love the Vamp/Striker duo, I think they mesh very well together. Striker is an awesome PBP guy and Vamp is the color guy.

Some of my favorite wrestler's are Angelico, The Mack, Ivelisse (this girl can really go, she can wrestle men too. Very impressive female talent), Sexy Star (pretty much the same thing what I wrote for Ivelisse, Sexy Star however wear's a mask). It also doesn't hurt that both those girl's are verrrrrry good looking!! Cage is just awesome, I really like seeing him wrestle. The guy is built like a military war tank but can perform as if he was the size of Rey Mysterio Jr. It's UNBELIEVABLE some of the lucha moves this guy can pull off. I can't believe the WWE let him go but maybe he wasn't as good back then as he is now. Jack Evans. Some of the more traditional masked Luchadors I like are Pentagon Jr., Mil Muertes, Drago, Son of Havoc and King Cuerno.

For the past 2 weeks they aired their "Ultima Lucha" big-card PPV style show. Last week's show which was the conclusion of Ultima Lucha ran for 2 hours. It was a great show. Melina (formerly of WWE) made a surprise appearance helping Johnny Mundo win his singles match against Alberto El Patron. Hopefully she does more than manage and wrestles. I always liked her in-ring ability not to mention her looks. Lucha UG has a lot of hot female talent, IMHO.

Catrina - the girlfriend/manager of newly crowned Lucha UG Champion Mil Muertes and his "Disciples of Death" newly crowned Trios Champions.

Sexy Star - phenomenal female luchador/wrestler

Ivelisse - another phenomenal female luchador/wrestler. WWE really should think about signing her.

As I mentioned earlier they have the Lucha Underground Trios Championship that is held by a team of 3 wrestlers and defended in 6-person tag matches. I had always wished there was a 6-man tag championship and finally there is one!! The Trios Matches are SOOOOOOO fun to watch! The Trios Champions are The Disciples of Death who are Mil Muertes' henchmen and managed by Catrina. The Lucha Underground [World] Champion is Mil Muertes who just won it on last week's show by beating the inaugural champion, Prince Puma. Lucha Underground also has the "Gift of the Gods" Championship which was won by Fenix in a 7-person Match on last week's show. Each of those 7 competitors had won a special gold Aztec medallion in assorted matches to be in this match. The holder of this title can challenge the Lucha Underground Champion whenever they want so long it's done a week in advance so that Lucha Underground can properly promote the match. This Gift of the Gods Championship is basically Lucha Underground's version of WWE's "Money in the Bank". Only difference is instead of their wrestler walking around with a briefcase, Lucha Underground made it into a unique Championship Belt. Pretty smart on their part, I really like their idea. However, if the holder of the Gift of the Gods Championship doesn't use it in a certain amount of time then they will be forced to defend it in a match. And after the Gift of the Gods Champion uses it for a Lucha UG Championship match then the 7 gold Aztec medallions will be taken off the belt and be allowed to win again in various matches to determine a new Gift of the Gods champion. Pretty damn cool idea.. I hope there's another member here who watches so I can have someone to chat with, lol.

Country
    See Frizzzlecake's Items on eBay

it seems interesting, but I don't get the channel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it seems interesting, but I don't get the channel.

Damn, that sucks. Lucha Underground feels like they're their own very unique entity. It's lucha/wrestling at the core yes but their production and setup is verrrrry different from WWE, WCW. They remind me of ECW in the way they had a cult-like following. You're either going to love Lucha Underground or not. There's no in between I feel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

heard they wont be getting renewed.never seen cause i dont get the channel but it looks decent.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

heard they wont be getting renewed.never seen cause i dont get the channel but it looks decent.

Give us a source for your information.

Lucha Underground is the alternative to the boring WWE we've all been waiting for. Vampiro & Son of Havoc (Matt Cross) are also alumni of another, albeit short-lived promotion, Wrestling Society X, which lasted for all of about a pot of coffee on Empty-V in 2007. Episodes are available On Demand depending on your cable operator.
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Country

Give us a source for your information.

Lucha Underground is the alternative to the boring WWE we've all been waiting for. Vampiro & Son of Havoc (Matt Cross) are also alumni of another, albeit short-lived promotion, Wrestling Society X, which lasted for all of about a pot of coffee on Empty-V in 2007. Episodes are available On Demand depending on your cable operator.

"Empty-V" hahaha! Vamp n Syxx-pac had quite the feud. I pray that rumor about Lucha UG is untrue. I'm really gonna miss them if it's true..

SCF Rewards
    Country

It has its good and bad things like all promotions. The in ring action is good most time. The backstage stuff is awful in my opinion. I do hope they get another season though, because its the only place I can see John Morrison wrestle. I think he has had the best matches of anyone there currently

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Ivelisse - another phenomenal female luchador/wrestler. WWE really should think about signing her.

Wasn't she apart of the Tough Enough sow that Stone Cold Steve Austin hosted? Maybe I a thinking of the wrong person, but thought she signed a contract a few years ago and then was released.

For anyone who doesn't have the channel can watch matches/the show on youtube.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, Ivelisse was part of the 2011 Tough Enough season w/Stone Cold. So was Matt Cross (Son of Havoc).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah Matt Cross was let go way too early. If I remember right Trish Stratus wasn't high on him. Hugely laughable that she was even a judge if you ask me but whatever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast