Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

I just try to figure how can I have a Ed Belfour 1990-91 Upper Deck RC cards graded by PSA, when I see some dealers selling this copy as a PSA 10 for $15 ???? I don't understand how they can sell a RC card graded by PSA, moreover a PSA 10, for $15 total!!!! The guy certainly don't pay $20 for grading.

SCF Rewards
    Country

dudical I agree with you, but I simply think PSA (and BGS and SGC) can do way better prices for people who don't run a business based on selling graded cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear what you're saying. You can get better deals than those posted online if you send a certain amount of volume, it is even better if you are located in the US, don't have shipping to worry about and it's much less expensive. My 'service' if you want to call it that, is more of a favour as I send regularly to PSA, so adding a X number more cards isn't a huge deal and I actually like doing it. It's fun to see what cards grade out as and have them encapsulated / preserved for future. I don't actively advertise that I do it, I just replied to the OP re: shipping to PSA from Canada and I do it for a few people.

As for selling a PSA 10 Belfour for $15, I agree, this isn't someone just sending in one card, some dealers send in 1000 cards a month or more, they are likely paying $4-$5 per card US. Can't compete with that, but I'm not trying to. I send 50-100 a month, so I get the going-rate as seen online in the 'monthly' specials. I just charge a few bucks more per card for people who don't want / aren't shipping enough to get any price breaks.

In Canada, if someone wanted to just ship 6 cards to PSA, they would have to pay for a membership, cheapest is $119 US (about $160 CAD) plus shipping to PSA ($45 Canadian to have insured, tracked and signature), and $45 US+ return shipping ($60 Canadian). Then they also pay for any duties for the cards coming back from Customs (not all the time, but some times). So this is $265 Canadian or more + packing materials, registering with PSA and filling out the submission info, etc for 6 graded cards ($44+ per card plus your time). Alternatively (if you are in Toronto, you can drop it off) just give me the 6 cards, pay about $105 Canadian for the same 6 cards to get graded.

Some hobby stores also send out to grading companies, but 99% of those are to BGS. For vintage though I prefer PSA, and just personal preference, I like PSA for some modern cards as well. SPA looks great in PSA holders, so do young guns. The resale market is also favourable to PSA in most cases except for a BGS 10, PSA 10s sell for a bit more or the same as BGS 9.5s.

If anyone has any questions about PSA, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat.
    Last edited by dudical; 07-23-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree, what you offer is a good option for collectors here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you can drop cards off or meet in person, then no shipping :)
    Aside from that, it's usually:
    $20 each for the first 3 cards if claiming value $250 or less.
    Additional cards are less per card down to about $15/card if they are standard trading cards or patch cards. If doing cross grading, tall boy, or packs, we can discuss that at the time as these are usually done a few times a year due to costs or waiting for a big enough submission.

Turnaround time is 4-6 weeks on average. Everything is insured for full value there and back and I take care of duties / fees if they come up. If you have to ship to me, then it is up to you how you ship it, as for return shipping, I ship with tracking and signature back to you. Insurance is optional for that part (up to you).

I can also offer to look over cards for flaws before submitting. No extra cost.

Sent you a PM

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you can drop cards off or meet in person, then no shipping :)
    Aside from that, it's usually:
    $20 each for the first 3 cards if claiming value $250 or less.
    Additional cards are less per card down to about $15/card if they are standard trading cards or patch cards. If doing cross grading, tall boy, or packs, we can discuss that at the time as these are usually done a few times a year due to costs or waiting for a big enough submission.

Turnaround time is 4-6 weeks on average. Everything is insured for full value there and back and I take care of duties / fees if they come up. If you have to ship to me, then it is up to you how you ship it, as for return shipping, I ship with tracking and signature back to you. Insurance is optional for that part (up to you).

I can also offer to look over cards for flaws before submitting. No extra cost.

Found this old thread - does the offer still stand for grading? will also send PM - thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Found this old thread - does the offer still stand for grading? will also send PM - thanks!

No sorry I don't do this anymore as the costs and wait times got way too high.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you still do this dude? I have roughly 25 cards I want to send

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ship directly to PSA. No need of a dealer/broker who will take a fee between me and PSA. No customs when cards are back, where PSA clearly indicates that cards are sent back to collector (not a purchase of cards). You guys can do it directly also with PSA, see their website all details are indicated. Very simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12