Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mickey Moniak (2016 #1 pick) and Daytona Tortugas (Reds A) at Bradenton Marauders (Pirates A)

A couple of long days but it was worth it. On Saturday morning (7/23) caught a Gulf Coast League game in Clearwater to try and get Mickey Moniak, the Phillies first round pick (and overall #1 pick) in the draft). I had taken a few photos of him a few weeks ago that I wanted to get signed.

After the game he came over and signed for everybody. I had heard he is signing less since people are really getting him a lot, but he was very nice and signed for everybody multiple times. I got him on both of my photos and a baseball.
    IMG_6906.jpgIMG_6907.jpgIMG_6905.jpg

On Saturday afternoon I went to Bradenton, an hour away. There was a 6:30pm game between the Reds Single A and Pirates Single A. I had just gotten in a lot of Reds cards and still had some Pirates cards I needed signed. Since Friday's game had been rained out, it became a 5pm doubleheader, which was great. Gates opened at 4:30, which wasn't great. Then came the rainshowers that stopped and started several times. Finally, they said they would play at 7pm but by 7pm the fields were too wet to play. However, pitchers and catchers were wandering around so they all signed. Since the game was rained out, I figured I'd go back Sunday (7/24) to try again.

Luis Heredia 2/2
    Taylor Gushue 7/7
    Yeudy Garcia 1/1 plus ticket
    Austin Coley 2/2

IMG_6903.jpgIMG_6904.jpgIMG_6944.jpg
    Last edited by mberger718; 07-24-2016 at 07:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Part 2 - Tortugas at Marauders - 61 autographs total

Made the hour drive back to Bradenton to see what I could get done today (Sunday 7/24). Doubleheader today starting at 1pm so I got there at noon. Figured I'd get the Pirates A before the first game, then concentrate on the Reds A between games. Got almost everything done on the Pirates side before the game, except for Jordan Luplow who wouldn't sign.

Kevin Kramer 9/9
    Wyatt Mathieson 2/2
    Connor Joe 2/4
    Cole Tucker 15/15 (very nice guy, very personable).

For the Reds A, Keury Mella was the starter and when they pulled him from the game he said he'd sign afterwards. I also asked Ismael Guillon to sign and he said after. I tried getting them both after the first game but neither came over, so maybe they meant the second game (which I wasn't staying for due to the heat).

Besides those two, and a few injured pitchers who weren't there, everybody else signed everything except for Gavin LaValley who signed half.

Tejay Antone 8/8
    Angelo Gumbs 5/5
    Gavin LeValley 4/8
    Jimmy Herget 4/4
    Tanner Rahier 6/6 (hand in cast but signed with 2 fingers)
    Blake Trahan 6/6
    Keury Mella 0/8
    Ismael Guillon 0/7

Left as the second game was starting, so it was a productive weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mberger718; 07-24-2016 at 07:29 PM.