Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

  •  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1




    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    65
    SCF Rewards
    150

    Question about game used cards and similiar cards

    are these cards the actual jerseys, mats, material, etc that the players use? or are they similar items and made of the same quality but brand new? for example if it is a game used jersey, will the jersey be what the player actually wore? any info would be appreciated. thanks

    Alex


    edit: also is there anything else out there that they cut up and make into a card? anything odd? i think its kind of cool that they use like wrestling mats, tennis balls, etc stuff out of the ordinary.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. Check out Vault Card Club
  3. #2




    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,890
    SCF Rewards
    100
    Country
    See sense61's Items on eBay

    If the card says game used then the player used that item. I dont know about other sports but in baseball they have pieces of hats, balls, bases, spikes,gloves and what not hope that helps

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #3




    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    65
    SCF Rewards
    150

    Quote Originally Posted by sense6
    If the card says game used then the player used that item. I dont know about other sports but in baseball they have pieces of hats, balls, bases, spikes,gloves and what not hope that helps
    that's awesome info to know, i didn't know baseball cards had other things besides jerseys. that helped. thanks

    anyone stumbled across other cool things?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #4




    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,691

    I have seen all of the above on cards. Just search on ebay:

    'game used ball card'
    'game used shoe card'

    etc.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #5




    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    785
    See jrw624's Items on eBay

    they have gu buttonsfrom unifroms , gu tennis players shirts, gu floorboard, gu turf, tons of stuff!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #6





    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205
    SCF Rewards
    453
    Country
    See mr-baseballman's Items on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tablist
    are these cards the actual jerseys, mats, material, etc that the players use? or are they similar items and made of the same quality but brand new? for example if it is a game used jersey, will the jersey be what the player actually wore? any info would be appreciated. thanks

    Alex


    edit: also is there anything else out there that they cut up and make into a card? anything odd? i think its kind of cool that they use like wrestling mats, tennis balls, etc stuff out of the ordinary.
    Get this, I've even got a Pedro Martinez card that has a little clear plastic case made into the card that contains genuine game-used pitchers mound dirt... LOL

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #7




    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    65
    SCF Rewards
    150

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbaseball969
    Get this, I've even got a Pedro Martinez card that has a little clear plastic case made into the card that contains genuine game-used pitchers mound dirt... LOL
    are you kidding me? you got a pic of it? lol that's the reason why i asked this question, because i have searched on ebay looking at game used cards and the materials they use looks to be super clean like it was just fresh from the factory. don't get me wrong i'm not saying there should be bloody nose residue on them or anything like that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #8




    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,890
    SCF Rewards
    100
    Country
    See sense61's Items on eBay

    Check this out I got a card with what I assume to be Jeters blood on it.

    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...T/numjeter.jpg

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #9




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    152
    SCF Rewards
    100
    Country

    Scrape the DNA, and make a super-human!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #10




    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,890
    SCF Rewards
    100
    Country
    See sense61's Items on eBay

    LOL thats what i was thinking of doing lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on