Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Friday, July 14, 2017

Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL) - On the Go
    Todd Frazier - 1/1 8x10 Photo

Started the second half of the MLB season at the White Sox game on Friday. I got the automatic auto in Todd Frazier on an 8x10 photo down the foul lines right before the game. He personalizes photos but that is fine since it's for my PC.

YEAR TO DATE: 97
    SITDOWN: 70
    ON THE GO: 27

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Paul Konerko Signing - My Fan Cave (Schaumburg, IL) - Sit Down
    Paul Konerko (Chicago White Sox) - 1/1 2005 WS ROMLB

Busy week finally get a chance to recap. I don't usually do paid signings, but Paul Konerko was my favorite player growing up and I've never seen him make any free appearances so I gave in and paid for the White Sox star at a sit down signing at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL. I got Konerko on an official 2005 World Series baseball signed under the WS logo to add to my set. Konerko was friendly and awesome to all the fans. Also went to the 2017 Blackhawks Convention this weekend so recap on that will be coming soon!

YEAR TO DATE: 98
    SIT DOWN: 71
    ON THE GO: 27

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, July 21, 2017 - Saturday, July 22, 2017

2017 Chicago Blackhawks Convention - Hilton Chicago (Chicago, IL)

Friday, July 21
    ON THE GO
    Artem Anisimov - 1/1 Puck
    Pat Foley - 1/1 Puck
    Eric Daze - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    SIT DOWN
    Brian Campbell - 1/1 Puck
    Alex DeBrincat - 1/1 Puck
    Anthony Louis - 1/1 Puck

Saturday, July 22
    ON THE GO
    Jonathan Toews - 1/1 Puck
    Artem Anisimov - 1/1 Puck
    Brian Campbell - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Gustav Forsling - 1/1 Puck
    Daniel Carcillo - 2/2 Pucks, 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Adam Burish - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Alexandre Fortin - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Steve Konroyd - 4/4 Cards
    Rocky Wirtz - 1/1 Puck
    SIT DOWN
    Patrick Sharp - 1/1 Puck
    Denis Savard - 1/1 Puck
    John Scott - 3/3 8x10 Photos
    Connor Murphy - 1/1 Puck
    Phil Russell - 2/2 Cards

Huge recap from the 2017 Blackhawks Convention. This was my 3rd year going. It's a 3 day convention, but I couldn't go Sunday due to work, so I only went Friday and Saturday. I still had a successful weekend. I did mostly pucks and 8x10 photos and a few cards.

On Friday, I went to the players' entrance immediately when I got there. I got current player Artem Anisimov and current broadcaster Pat Foley each on a puck and former player Eric Daze on 2 8x10s. The check in line for the hotel and convention was brutally long, which cut into my time for standing outside by the players' entrance. For the convention, each pass gets a scratch and win autograph opportunity. My pass won and was good for an autograph on Saturday. Basically all the big names on the Hawks only do scratch off autograph sessions, while the prospects and smaller players do regular autograph sessions. I bought someone else's scratch off for Friday night, which turned out to be for former player Brian Campbell, who recently retired. I got Campbell on a 2010 Stanley Cup Champs puck. After, I went to the regular autograph lines, and got top prospect Alex DeBrincat on a puck, and prospect Anthony Louis on an 8x10.

On Saturday, I started off the day getting prospect Alexandre Fortin on 2 8x10 photos as he was walking around the convention from one event to another. Then, I waited in line for former player and coach Denis Savard, who signed a puck and added "HOF 2000" as well. Next, I went to my scratch off autograph session, which turned out to be Patrick Sharp, who won 3 Cups with the Hawks and was recently re-signed after leaving for 2 seasons. I had Sharp sign a 2010 SC Champs puck. Former player and 2016 All-Star Game MVP John Scott was at the convention, and his autograph line was full well over 3 hours before it started. Luckily my friends and I switched off standing in different lines, so we were able to cover way more ground that way. I got Scott to sign 3 8x10s, one of which he inscribed "2016 ASG MVP." Former player Phil Russell's line was not very long, so I picked up 2 cards and had him sign them. The last auto session I went to was for Connor Murphy, who signed a Blackhawks logo puck. Throughout the day, I stood by the players' entrance at various points. I got Jonathan Toews and owner Rocky Wirtz on their way out, each on a puck, and former player Daniel Carcillo was racking and I got him on 2 pucks and an 8x10. Also got Adam Burish and Brian Campbell on 8x10s, and former player Steve Konroyd on 4 cards. I saw current player Gustav Forsling in the hotel lobby, and had him sign a logo puck. Long story, but I ended up having a private meet and greet with Artem Anisimov after a mixup earlier in the day, and got to take a picture with him and he also signed a puck.

I couldn't go Sunday because of work, but from what my friends told me I didn't miss much. Although my total autograph count, which was 30 for the weekend, was less than my first 2 times going, I still had fun and am looking forward to next year.

YEAR TO DATE: 128
    OFFICIAL: 82
    UNOFFICIAL: 46

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, July 28, 2017

Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL) - ON THE GO
    Josh Tomlin (Cleveland Indians) - 1/1 Card
    Yolmer Carlos Sanchez (Chicago White Sox) - 1/1 Card

I got to see newly called up #1 overall prospect Yoan Moncada in action for the first time as the White Sox took on the Indians. Josh Tomlin signed 1 card on his way back to the dugout after batting practice and Yolmer Sanchez signed 1 card down the line right before first pitch.

YEAR TO DATE: 130
    SIT DOWN: 82
    ON THE GO: 48

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Madhouse Team Store "Legacy" Event - United Center (Chicago, IL) - Sit Down
    Bobby Hull (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Denis Savard (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Horace Grant (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Toni Kukoc (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

The United Center recently opened a new team store for the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks. The store, called the "Madhouse" had an autograph signing featuring Bobby Hull and Denis Savard of the Blackhawks and Horace Grant and Toni Kukoc of the Bulls. It was a must attend event for me, as I was able to knock out 4 big-time Chicago players all at once. While in line, security said that each fan may only get 1 item signed total by the 4 players, not 1 item per player. This seemed kind of absurd and frustrating considering that these players played on different teams and different eras, let alone different sports. I only had 8x10 individual photos of each player with me, so getting all 4 players on the same photo was not an option. However, when the line went through, although security was saying only 1 item per fan, the players did not care and signed whatever fans gave them. Each player signed 1 8x10 photo for me, along with a promotional 8.5x11 that the store was handing out. So I ended up with 4 8x10 photos, with each player signing their own 8x10, and 1 8.5x11 photo which showed all 4 players in the same photo. I got Hull and Savard earlier this summer on pucks, and Kukoc I got a while back on 8x10 photos, but the photos I got done earlier started to bleed, and I've never gotten Grant. It was nice to add all 4 players at once to my 8x10 photo collection.

YEAR TO DATE: 134
    SIT DOWN: 86
    ON THE GO: 48

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL) - On the Go
    Matt Davidson - 1/1 Card
    Mark Salas - 3/3 Cards

Another White Sox game for me, this one against the Kansas City Royals. I was able to get a 3 autographs on cards from former player and current Sox bullpen catcher Mark Salas and 1 autograph on a card from rookie 3B/DH Matt Davidson. Lots of Sox players were signing down the line pre-game. Yoan Moncada and Avisail Garcia were skipping around and I didn't get either of them. Adam Engel, Carlos Sanchez, Nicky Delmonico, Davidson were all signing at the same time and I chose to go get Davidson. Hopefully I will get another chance or two at Moncada before I leave for school.

YEAR TO DATE: 138
    ON THE GO: 52

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds - Wrigley Field (Chicago, IL) - On the Go
    Jason Heyward (Chicago Cubs) - 1/1 2016 WS ROMLB
    Justin Grimm (Chicago Cubs) - 1/1 2016 WS ROMLB
    Jed Hoyer (Chicago Cubs) - 1/1 2016 ROMLB
    Brian Duensing (Chicago Cubs) - 1/1 Card
    Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati Reds) - 1/1 Card
    Scooter Gennett (Cincinnati Reds) - 1/1 Card
    Bronson Arroyo (Cincinnati Reds) - 1/1 Card

Graphed the Cubs and Reds on arrival and did pretty good. Started off good with Cubs GM Jed Hoyer on a 2016 WS ROMLB almost immediately when I got to the stadium. Then saw Brian Duensing walking in and got him on a card. Justin Grimm was walking out of the stadium and I asked him to sign, and he said he'll get me on the way in. After, I went to the other side to try to get Reds players and got Billy Hamilton, Scooter Gennett, and Bronson Arroyo on 1 card each. Hamilton and Gennett took cabs and signed on their way in, while Arroyo signed off the bus. Went back to the Cubs side thinking that all the players were in already, but sure enough Jason Heyward walks past and starts to sign, so I got him on a 2016 WS ROMLB. Then Grimm walks in and is on the phone, but he sees me and stops and signs a 2016 WS ROMLB for me quickly after telling me earlier he'd get me on the way in. I'm glad he followed through on his word. Good day at the ballpark and added 3 to the 2016 WS set.

YEAR TO DATE: 145
    ON THE GO: 59

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, August 18, 2017

Chicago Cubs vs. Toronto Blue Jays - Wrigley Field (Chicago, IL) - On the Go
    Kyle Schwarber - 1/1 2016 WS ROMLB
    Jose Quintana - 1/1 ROMLB
    Tom Ricketts - 1/1 2016 WS ROMLB
    Ryan Dempster - 1/1 ROMLB
    Jim Deshaies - 4/4 Cards

I was able to graph the Cubs one more time before I go back to college. Got Kyle Schwarber and owner Tom Ricketts each on a 2016 WS baseball. Also got newly acquired pitcher Jose Quintana and former pitcher Ryan Dempster each on a ROMLB. Current broadcaster and former player Jim Deshaies signed 4 cards for me as well.

YEAR TO DATE: 153
    ON THE GO: 67

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday, August 28, 2017

Illinois Fighting Illini Radio Show - Buffalo Wild Wings (Savoy, IL) - On the Go
    Lovie Smith (Illinois Fighting Illini) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

The Illinois Fighting Illini do a radio show every week at Buffalo Wild Wings in Savoy, IL. This week's featured guest was head football coach Lovie Smith. I was able to get 1 8x10 photo signed by Coach Smith after the radio show was over.

YEAR TO DATE: 154
    ON THE GO: 68

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, September 22, 2017

Alex Brown Appearance - Village Inn (Skokie, IL) - Sit Down
    Alex Brown (Chicago Bears) - 4/4 Cards, 2/2 8x10s

Former Chicago Bears player Alex Brown made an appearance at a restaurant in Skokie, IL. Brown played for the 2006 Bears that went to the Super Bowl, and he has a great personality. We chatted for a few minutes about how the game has changed from around 10 years ago to today. He signed 2 8x10 photos and 4 cards for me. Very top notch guy.

YEAR TO DATE: 160
    SIT DOWN: 92
    ON THE GO: 68

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast