Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

Was there ever a set made to commemorate Canada Gold at 2010 Olympics?

A thought popped in my head this morning that made me want to include a set of the Canadian Men's Gold Medal team at the 2010 Olympics in my collection. However I did a lot of searching but came up with nothing, except for a set called 2009-10 ITG Vancouver Olympics AU/GU/Patch cards, but for me there are two problems. First is there are only 9 Canadian players in that set. Second it only uses head shots, can't see the Canadian jersey.

I guess my questions is, was there a set dedicated to the 2010 Canadian Men's gold medal team?

Thanks!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Here and there have been cards featuring 2010 Olympics memorabilia (quite a few in 2011-12 The Cup) but due to the crazy licensing fees charged by the IOC, sadly there's never been an official Upper Deck (or other company) release.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There is one, but probably expensive to pick up... it was part of Team Canada Master Collection:

http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/189428

Called "Winning Standard".

It's a 22 Jersey Card set. Doesn't have Scott Neidermayer (no idea why), but it's everyone else from that team.

The photos are all Team Canada, full logos, but not (at least I don't think) Olympic photos.

It's expensive though. You got the full 22 card set in each box. I see a set on eBay for $400 - that sound reasonable, as I think the box was more like $1k.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

Here and there have been cards featuring 2010 Olympics memorabilia (quite a few in 2011-12 The Cup) but due to the crazy licensing fees charged by the IOC, sadly there's never been an official Upper Deck (or other company) release.

Thanks for the quick help! I guess I'll have to start piecing together my own set across various years and brands.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

There is one, but probably expensive to pick up... it was part of Team Canada Master Collection:

It's a 22 Jersey Card set. Doesn't have Scott Neidermayer (no idea why), but it's everyone else from that team.

The photos are all Team Canada, full logos, but not (at least I don't think) Olympic photos.

It's expensive though. You got the full 22 card set in each box. I see a set on eBay for $400 - that sound reasonable, as I think the box was more like $1k.

Wow very informative, thank you very much! I really wanted them in the 2010 uniforms, but since there are none maybe this set is my next best choice.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks for the quick help! I guess I'll have to start piecing together my own set across various years and brands.

For sure - be sure to check out that 11-12 Cup set. I got a beautiful multi-colour Weber patch for crazy cheap. As with the other stuff, the photo is from a different Team Canada event but the patch is unmistakably 2010.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

For sure - be sure to check out that 11-12 Cup set. I got a beautiful multi-colour Weber patch for crazy cheap. As with the other stuff, the photo is from a different Team Canada event but the patch is unmistakably 2010.

Very nice card! Maybe I could find cards with swatches like yours that are unmistakably from the 2010 jereseys, like this one:

s-l500.jpg

Man, I gotta stop expanding my collection....

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL Never stop growing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks

LOL Never stop growing!

I wish my wallet would listen

SCF Rewards
    Country

The box was actually (and still is) around >$2k. Despite the limited production run, there still seems to be quite a few unopened boxes available from resellers due to the high cost. While I couldn't afford to get a box, I did pick up a bunch of cards including the Winning Standard set: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Wong...ing%20Standard (sorry, I haven't had time to move off of photobucket yet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast