Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Has Dak Prescott Been Exposed Over the Past 3 Games?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

He is not that good. His bread and butter is the boot leg that relies on Elliott running the ball well. When Elliott is running with success in a game it opens up the Play Action and Boot Leg plays. That is all he has or he takes off running. Not much talent in that. He doesn't sit back and pick apart defenses and call audibles like Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. He will be a back up in 2-3 years.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

WOW! So much negativity. The truth on Dak I think is somewhere between last years phenomenal season and what we have seen this year. It is only his second year and he is having to learn still. Look at Mat Ryan. He just threw for interceptions on his last 3 consecutive drives. Oh my gosh, Ryan is horrible!!! Except he isn't. They all have rough patches and Dak really is an NFL fledgling dealing with no Zeke. He will be fine!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

WOW! So much negativity. The truth on Dak I think is somewhere between last years phenomenal season and what we have seen this year. It is only his second year and he is having to learn still. Look at Mat Ryan. He just threw for interceptions on his last 3 consecutive drives. Oh my gosh, Ryan is horrible!!! Except he isn't. They all have rough patches and Dak really is an NFL fledgling dealing with no Zeke. He will be fine!!!

I hear you ... but 3 drives and 4 full games aren't the same thing. I think everyone for the most part believes that Dak, as long as he has Zeke and a dominant line can be a super efficient, game-manager and maybe even win a ring one day ... but in 4 full games without Zeke his stats extrapolate to a season of 2,408 yards, 8 TDs and 20 INTS which would make Tim TeBow fans snicker.

Most QBs need a great situation ... it seems all the talking heads now are much higher on Baker Mayfield's pro prospects than Lamar Jacksons ... BUT ... if Mayfield goes to the Browns and Jackson goes to a team like the Bills or Broncos there is a good chance Jackson succeeds and Mayfield fails ... there aren't many QBs that can just be "thrown to the dogs" in any situation and look good doing it ... those types of QBs are rare and Dak simply doesn't look like one of them, or even close to one of them really ... he's a decent QB who needs a ton of help, but if he has it, he can be efficient and get the job done and that's enough to carve out a long career in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, the 6 game "Dak as the man" experiment is over as Zeke is set to return next week.

DAK'S STATS IN THE 6 GAMES WITHOUT ZEKE: 191 passing yards per game with 5 TDs and 7 INTS ... that would extrapolate to a full season of 3,056 passing yards, 13 TDs and 19 INTS ... safe to say that is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

I do believe now that all 6 games have been played, Dak was absolutely exposed. Even without Zeke he still had a very good offensive line and a well above average running game and yet he put up absolutely abysmal numbers ... but ... Zeke's back and the Boys have a very good "team", so they still have a super bright future, even with Dak at QB as far as I can tell.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, I am not going to completely disagree. Dak did struggle during that stretch but also had the best game of his career. Throwing for 332 yards, 3 TDs and no picks for a rating of 137.1!!! And this was without Zeke! He is a second year QB. The number you really need to look at is rating. His rating is 89.6 compared to Winston's 89.7! His actual TD/INT ratio is 21 to 11, which is pretty good for any QB in his second year! Winston is 14 and 8. Matt Ryan is 17 and 11!!! Are we saying Ryan and Winston suck as well? Out of Dak's 11 INTs, several were not his fault. Take the game last night for example. 1st INT, Dez was on a slant route and hesitated because he saw the LB coming. Had he not had hesitated, he would have been in position to catch that or at least touch the ball. The other INT, a defender grazed the ball coming out of Dak's hand, causing it to sail. Also not an accuracy issue!!! What about Roethlisberger with 26 and 14 this year?

Truthfully, I am sure you can find a sample in each QBs career where they had a stretch of a few bad games the skewed their TD/INT ratio. Winston's last 5 games of 2016. He had 6 TDs and 7 INTs. Extrapolated out over a season and you are looking at around 18 TDs and 21 INTs. Not good!!! Big Ben had a 4 game stretch this season in which he went 3 TDs and 7 INTs!!!! OUCH!!! It happens though.

If I compare his statistics up to this point in his career as compared to Winston's similar stretch, they would probably eerily similar. Is it natural that Dak wouldn't have quite the same statistics without Zeke???? ABSOLUTELY!!! That would probably be the case for any QB when you take away the best RB in the NFL!

If the Cowboys manage to make it to the playoffs, I wouldn't want to play them. Vastly improved defense with one of the top O-lines, best RB, better than average mobile QB!!! They still need to win out and this weeks game is probably the toughest of this stretch.

Bottom line, he stats did go down as anyone's would! But, compare his stats from 2016-thru-14 games in 2017 with any QBs same stretch to start their career and you would be hard pressed to find anyone better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

you forgot to add the rushing TD's Dak had. He is way better then that Quarterback in Tampa Bay who has a way better receiving corp then Dak has.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Well, I am not going to completely disagree. Dak did struggle during that stretch but also had the best game of his career. Throwing for 332 yards, 3 TDs and no picks for a rating of 137.1!!! And this was without Zeke! He is a second year QB. The number you really need to look at is rating. His rating is 89.6 compared to Winston's 89.7! His actual TD/INT ratio is 21 to 11, which is pretty good for any QB in his second year! Winston is 14 and 8. Matt Ryan is 17 and 11!!! Are we saying Ryan and Winston suck as well? Out of Dak's 11 INTs, several were not his fault. Take the game last night for example. 1st INT, Dez was on a slant route and hesitated because he saw the LB coming. Had he not had hesitated, he would have been in position to catch that or at least touch the ball. The other INT, a defender grazed the ball coming out of Dak's hand, causing it to sail. Also not an accuracy issue!!! What about Roethlisberger with 26 and 14 this year?

Truthfully, I am sure you can find a sample in each QBs career where they had a stretch of a few bad games the skewed their TD/INT ratio. Winston's last 5 games of 2016. He had 6 TDs and 7 INTs. Extrapolated out over a season and you are looking at around 18 TDs and 21 INTs. Not good!!! Big Ben had a 4 game stretch this season in which he went 3 TDs and 7 INTs!!!! OUCH!!! It happens though.

If I compare his statistics up to this point in his career as compared to Winston's similar stretch, they would probably eerily similar. Is it natural that Dak wouldn't have quite the same statistics without Zeke???? ABSOLUTELY!!! That would probably be the case for any QB when you take away the best RB in the NFL!

If the Cowboys manage to make it to the playoffs, I wouldn't want to play them. Vastly improved defense with one of the top O-lines, best RB, better than average mobile QB!!! They still need to win out and this weeks game is probably the toughest of this stretch.

Bottom line, he stats did go down as anyone's would! But, compare his stats from 2016-thru-14 games in 2017 with any QBs same stretch to start their career and you would be hard pressed to find anyone better.

You are true Cowboy fan and blinded. You mention his 332 yard 3 TD performance, it was against a 2-11 Giants team with a pass defense ranked 31st in the league. Are you really gonna brag about that game? Without Zeke he is a backup QB. With Zeke he is a mediocre QB. All he runs is option, boot leg and play action. There is zero talent in that, those are college plays. Just look at Dez' stats without a good QB. In 2 seasons with Dak Dez is averaging 50 catches and 700 yards. With Romo in 3 seasons he was averaging 90 catches and 1200 yards. Proof he doesn't throw down the field. He is not a good QB and will be a backup in 2-3 seasons.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you forgot to add the rushing TD's Dak had. He is way better then that Quarterback in Tampa Bay who has a way better receiving corp then Dak has.

Hahahaha, I know you're just a Jameis-basher from previous comments ... Jameis has a bad O-line and NO RUNNING GAME to speak of ... he is a legit superstar QB that a coach expects to carry an offense on his back ... Dak, like #30th ranked Mariota is a gimmicky game-manager that needs a dominant O-Line and running game to carry him while he plays "efficient football" and throws of out play-action ... I like Dak and believe he has a bright future behind Dallas' line and with Zeke ... but he's not even remotely on the same level as Jameis imho. It's the difference between Ken O'Brien and his 1984' draftmate John Elway ... O'Brien had a higher career completion percentage, a lower career interception percentage and a higher career passer rating ... and no one even remembers his name, while Elway was a first ballot HOF'er.

Dak played the last 6 games with what Jameis played all last year and this year with ... except Dak still had the better O-line than Jameis has had and still had the better running game than Jameis has had ... and Dak put up Tebow-esque stats ... come on man, it's not even close.

Well, I am not going to completely disagree. Dak did struggle during that stretch but also had the best game of his career. Throwing for 332 yards, 3 TDs and no picks for a rating of 137.1!!! And this was without Zeke!

As many commentators pointed out ... he wasn't as good in that game as the Giants were bad ... all three TD passes were short passes where the receivers did all the work. I'm not raining on your parade as his numbers and rating were great that game, but his numbers over the full 6 games were far worse than what Tim TeBow used to put up and that says a lot.

He is a second year QB. The number you really need to look at is rating. His rating is 89.6 compared to Winston's 89.7! His actual TD/INT ratio is 21 to 11, which is pretty good for any QB in his second year! Winston is 14 and 8.[/quote]

As I said above ... Ken O'Brien had a higher career rating than his 84' draftmate, the legend John Elway ... it's not that difficult to have a high passer rating playing behind a great line, with a great running game and throwing out of play-action ... Jameis has had a junk line for 3 years and no running game to speak of for 2 years but he's a gunslinger ... it's shocking that his passer rating is even close to Dak's, let alone higher (and it's now 93.6 after tonight's MNF game!) as he's a gunslinger who carries his offense. Also, don't forget Jameis played 3 games with a bum throwing shoulder which hurt his stats quite a bit ... yet he still has a higher rating than Dak.

Matt Ryan is 17 and 11!!! Are we saying Ryan and Winston suck as well?

Matt Ryan doesn't suck but he's vastly over-rated ... he's always been a solid QB and has had one great year ... as for Jameis ... again Jameis' passer rating is 4 points higher than Dak despite being an "offense carrier" rather than a game-manager and despite playing behind a far worse line and with no real running game to speak of.

Out of Dak's 11 INTs, several were not his fault. Take the game last night for example. 1st INT, Dez was on a slant route and hesitated because he saw the LB coming. Had he not had hesitated, he would have been in position to catch that or at least touch the ball. The other INT, a defender grazed the ball coming out of Dak's hand, causing it to sail. Also not an accuracy issue!!! What about Roethlisberger with 26 and 14 this year?

I appreciate your obvious love for Dak and I'm not saying you don't have a point ... but the same sort of things can be said for every QB ... Jameis had 18 picks and I'd say around 7-9 were actually "on him" but no one cares, they just rant and rave about the number of picks regardless. My issue with Dak isn't really a statistical one, though again, his stats were worse than what people used to expect from TeBow ... my issue is that he's a mere game-manager and not a guy any coach would ask to carry an offense ... that doesn't mean Dak won't have a great career and even win multiple rings as he certainly could ... I just like "offense carriers" and gunslingers personally.

Truthfully, I am sure you can find a sample in each QBs career where they had a stretch of a few bad games the skewed their TD/INT ratio. Winston's last 5 games of 2016. He had 6 TDs and 7 INTs. Extrapolated out over a season and you are looking at around 18 TDs and 21 INTs. Not good!!!

True, but he also still threw for a ton of yards and had no running game and a bad line ... and even 18/21 is far superior to 8/19 which Dak's 6 games extrapolate to.

Big Ben had a 4 game stretch this season in which he went 3 TDs and 7 INTs!!!! OUCH!!! It happens though.

Ben has always been a wild gunslinger and without looking at the stats, I'd guess he threw for a lot more than 191 yards per game ... however I respect that stat you dug up as Ben has a great running game and a very good O-line in front of him, along with elite receivers, so he doesn't have the excuses Jameis would have, that's for sure.

Most QBs don't have good running backs, let alone the best in the NFL ... Jameis has had GARBAGE for two years, Aaron Rodgers has had garbage for years, etc. I do understand your point though and am not saying I expected Dak to put up the same numbers without Zeke that he put up with him ... I certainly did not expect that ... in fact, what I expected would happen to Dak is exactly what did happen ... and that's what concerns me.

If the Cowboys manage to make it to the playoffs,

That is NOT happening imho ... Atlanta should have the #6 seed on lock as they beat Dallas and hold that tie-breaker.

I wouldn't want to play them. Vastly improved defense with one of the top O-lines, best RB, better than average mobile QB!!! They still need to win out and this weeks game is probably the toughest of this stretch.

Oh, don't misunderstand me ... I LOVE Dallas' TEAM, love it! As a Jameis guy I WISH he had that TEAM. The Cowboys future is extremely bright imho and I don't think Dak will be a detriment to them, as as long as they have a great line and running game and that defense keeps balling, Dak is a perfect, "efficient game manager" for them I think.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I used a lot of words and probably should have just boiled it down to this: Take a 6 game stretch for any QB in history and I am pretty sure you can find a time when they struggled and the stats would be eerily similar to Dak's stretch without Zeke. Anyone: Elway, Marino, Aikman, Young, Montana.

A QB that goes 23 TDs and 4 INTs for a 104.9 rating their rookie year is a game manager? Those aren't extrapolated stats, those are real. I don't care what offensive line, receivers, RBs you have, that is not a game manager.

Am I perhaps a bit biased, probably. Just like you are biased regarding Jameis. But, biased or not, real stats don't lie.

And, by the way, you have a sick collection. Do you collect just his 1/1 RCs or all 1/1s?

As far as Dez goes, his stats had already started to diminish under the Romo era. He doesn't get open nearly as much as he did in the past. I wish we had Mike Evans!!! He is simply one of the best receivers in the game today!! Dez can still be decent but I think his prime is past him.

Cowboys are getting into the playoff. Detroit will lose one of their last 2 and the Falcons are going to lose both against New Orleans this week and then the Panthers!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I used a lot of words and probably should have just boiled it down to this: Take a 6 game stretch for any QB in history and I am pretty sure you can find a time when they struggled and the stats would be eerily similar to Dak's stretch without Zeke. Anyone: Elway, Marino, Aikman, Young, Montana.

You may be right, I don't know ... I'd have to see the stats. However, usually when a QB has a bad 6-game stretch it's related to an injury, not merely because a RB went down, at least I would think so.

A QB that goes 23 TDs and 4 INTs for a 104.9 rating their rookie year is a game manager? Those aren't extrapolated stats, those are real. I don't care what offensive line, receivers, RBs you have, that is not a game manager.

Nick Foles went 27-2 and was even better ... and a couple years later became a career back-up, because he was indeed a mere game-manager during that 27-2 season and was later exposed as a guy who was not capable of being a QB that could "carry an offense".

Dak was insanely efficient his rookie year and therefore had a great rating ... but that has nothing to do with whether one is a mere game-manager or a guy that can "carry an offense". Again, Ken O'Brien had a higher career comp %, lower career INT % and higher career passer rating than his 84' draft-mate John Elway ... but obviously Elway was the guy who could "carry an offense" and therefore the guy who ended up in the Hall of Fame.

Again, I'm not at all saying Dak's garbage or anything like that ... it wouldn't shock me to see the guy win multiple rings and end up in the HOF if he plays his entire career behind a dominant O-Line and with a dominant running game, as he has proven to be capable of awesome efficiency which is all a great team needs at the QB position. I simply don't view Dak as a guy that's capable of "carrying an offense" and don't think he has the arm talent to ever become that type of player ... but he doesn't have to be ... Joe Montana NEVER had anywhere near the arm talent of Dan Marino but we all know who ranks higher on the GOAT QB List.

Player fans are very emotional and they want to believer their favorite player isn't just "the best" but that he's "the best at everything" and that's just silly. Michael Jordan might be "better" than LeBron but he certainly wasn't a better passer or rebounder. Joe Montana may be "better" than Marino but he certainly didn't have the better arm or faster release. Barry Sanders may have been "better" than Marshall Faulk but he certainly wasn't a better receiver, etc., etc., etc.,.

Am I perhaps a bit biased, probably. Just like you are biased regarding Jameis. But, biased or not, real stats don't lie.

I'm not biased. If I find myself being biased, I try to knock that garbage off. I do indeed believe in Jameis' future more so than any other QBs and I do believe when all is said and done his career stats will obliterate even Peyton Mannings and the like and certainly the other young QBs of this generation ... BUT ... that doesn't mean I think Jameis is "the most accurate young QB (Goff)" or "the best running young QB (Lamar Jackson ... kid will be a highlight reel in the NFL imho), or "the biggest armed young QB (Josh Allen ... kid will shock people with his arm-strength from what I understand), etc.

Again, as long as Dak stays in Dallas and has THAT line and THAT running back with him, I love his future and believe in him a great deal to be able to "get it done" ... I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't.

And, by the way, you have a sick collection. Do you collect just his 1/1 RCs or all 1/1s?

I started out collecting ALL the 1/1 RC's I could get ... but there's so many low-end product 1/1s it got to be too much, so I basically traded all my non-auto'd 1/1 RCs for auto'd 1/1 RC's ... but then realized there were still too many low-end auto'd 1/1 RC's, so I basically traded ALL my lower-end auto'd 1/1 RCs for the super high-end stuff ... now I'm basically done as I was able to acquire his "holy trinity" and what I consider his 4th and 5th best cards, so at the moment I'm really ONLY trying to add to my collection of NFL SHIELD RC auto'd 1/1s. I believe there's only (4) I don't have ... I think I have all the others ... but of the (4) I don't have I think (2) are still in packs and the other 2 are owned (probably forever) by the infamous "BlackRose" who has always been nice to me but just has crazy-high prices I won't meet ... I've NEVER over-paid for a card that I know of and don't plan to start now.

As far as Dez goes, his stats had already started to diminish under the Romo era. He doesn't get open nearly as much as he did in the past. I wish we had Mike Evans!!! He is simply one of the best receivers in the game today!! Dez can still be decent but I think his prime is past him.

You are spot-on. I've always loved Dez going back to his Oklahoma State days but he is declining ... the Cowboys have a good stable of receivers but they could stand to draft a young stud WR and a young stud TE ... as for Mike Evans ... he's Godzilla and lives up to his nickname but he's not in the same class as Odell, Antonio, Julio or AJ Green as he's quite slow, still has too many drops, doesn't run the rightest routes, gets winded pretty easily and comes out of the game a lot, etc ... he's a beast though and reminds me of a guy I used to love watching catch passes from Favre in Sterling Sharpe as he was one tough dude who would just beats on corners ... had he not injured his neck and had to retire so early I think Favre could have had an even greater career.

Hey, maybe the Bucs can trade Mike and always injured Noah Spence to the Cowboys (so he can play in his home-state) for Zeke and that bad monster DeMarcus Lawrence (I love that dude!).

Tampa Bay fans are dreaming of the Bucs being able to sign DeMarcus Lawrence away from the Cowboys this offseason but I think that's a pipe dream and can't imagine Dallas will let him walk.

Cowboys are getting into the playoff.

Not going to happen imho ...

Detroit will lose one of their last 2 and the Falcons are going to lose both against New Orleans this week and then the Panthers!!!

It's possible and the Lions are nowhere near as good as Dallas imo ... but I don't see the Falcons losing both games ... I'd rather see Dallas in the playoffs than the Falcons though as they are a lot more fun to watch!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 12-20-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast