Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Has Dak Prescott Been Exposed Over the Past 3 Games?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

It seems like this nightmare of a season can't end soon enough for Dak. A big step back for him but he is not alone. A whole bunch of young QBs would like to forget this season and just start over new next year.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Yep! Definitely took a step back. Doesn't help when Dez fumbles and can't catch the ball. Hopefully he can figure it out. The Cowboys need a #1 receiver too!!! Very frustrating season!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I didn't think I'd ever defend Dak on Twitter as I've always thought he was incredibly over-rated on the field (though he was still an amazing great draft pick for the Cowboys and deserves praise for his career to-date without a doubt) ... however I was defending him today as the intolerant, thought-police and BLM crowd have decided that Dak Prescott is now "Public Enemy #1" do to him saying he approved of the NFL's new anthem rule and that he plans to stand for the anthem.

See: https://www.sportsgossip.com/nfl/dak...them-statement

People are just killing him on Twitter and this has been my standard response:

Dak is Native American (Choctaw-Apache) but keep trying to bully people into holding the same beliefs as you like a true lunatic would ... I'm sure that will work out great for you 🤪

Anyways, I'd love to hear from the Cowboy fans on this forum as I have a feeling most Cowboy fans support Dak's recent statements, but maybe I'm wrong, and they are all against him now?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Not a fan of the Cowboys, actually hate them. Anyway, I agree with Dak. When I watch football, I wanna watch football. If I wanna see politics I will flip on over to Fox News. Keep sports separate from politics and everything will be good. I know the NFL only did this for money reasons seeing the ratings and profits dive the last 2 years. Have respect and stand for the anthem and if not stay in the locker room where no one sees your disrespect. I am a veteran and this subject really bothers me as I will always stand for our country and our flag.
    Super Collecting Brandon Marshall, Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Roy Williams WR, Ottis Anderson, Mike Alstott.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ +1 for Dak standing for the anthem

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will also be standing for the national anthem with Dak. Not because that is what has been happening my entire life, but because of what the flag means to me. I'm a 20 year veteran and believe that football is not the forum where we need to inject social or political issues. The players have plenty of options for addressing these items. Yes, the owners were motivated to do this due to money, but it needed to be done. Dak is right and other people certain have the right to voice their opinion on the subject, but also need to understand that not everyone will not have the same beliefs as you.

SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FLAG!!! One of my favorite sets!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will also be standing for the national anthem with Dak. Not because that is what has been happening my entire life, but because of what the flag means to me. I'm a 20 year veteran and believe that football is not the forum where we need to inject social or political issues. The players have plenty of options for addressing these items. Yes, the owners were motivated to do this due to money, but it needed to be done. Dak is right and other people certain have the right to voice their opinion on the subject, but also need to understand that not everyone will not have the same beliefs as you.

+2 for Dak standing for the anthem!

SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FLAG!!! One of my favorite sets!!

Great card from an awesome set indeed!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think we'd all agree now, that the answer to the original question posed in this thread's title from last season, can be answered with a resounding, "YES".

Dak was exposed last year ... and now, a year later, he looks like he is destined to be a backup QB on the NFL level ... and it doesn't bring me any joy to say that as I like Dak, have stuck up for his social stances and right to express himself, and will ALWAYS consider him one of the biggest success stories in NFL history due to the rookie season he had after being a mere 4th round draft pick ... but ...

So far in 2018, he's played three games, and if you extrapolate his numbers over a full season, he'd have:

61.4 completion % (decent)
    2,656 passing yards (horrendously bad, Tebow-esque)
    5 real passing TDs (putrid, like what one wouldn't expect from a 3rd strong QB who only plays 4 games a year)
    5 "tap pass" TDs
    10-11 INTs (good … unless you only throw 5 real TD passes on the season)
    74.9 passer rating (horrible ... an even worse just 70.8 if the "tap pass" is counted as a run)

Just today I communicated with probably 20-30 Cowboys fans on Twitter that want the Cowboys to dump Dak and draft a rookie or trade for another QB … wow.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS … personally, I'd roll with Dak for the rest of this year AND next year before making a decision … give the young man the full 4 year rookie contract he's on to prove himself!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

THOUGHTS:
    Has Dak been good? No. Will he be better? Yes. Has the team been losing because of his play? They did in week 1 but not yesterday. I'm not saying Dak has been great and he needs to be better. But, for people to act like this is all on him is a sign of the fact that they either don't watch football or are very biased.

1: Taking a small sample size and stretching it out to come to the conclusion of what stats will be at the end of the season doesn't work. It never will. For example, based on your logic, Fitzpatrick is going to have the best season ever with 64 TDS and 6552 yards!!! If that happens, Winston will be looking for a different team.

2: The Cowboys have played 3 of the top 5 defenses in the league in the first 3 weeks of the season.

3: Dak would have no INTs if his receivers could catch the ball. The 2 INTs that he has this season were point blank drops by rookie receivers and then spectacular catches by an ALL-WORLD safety in Earl Thomas. Dak should have no INTs to this point in the year.

4: He should have another TD but that got called back because Zeke stepped out of bounds before catching the ball. He should have 3 TDs to go along with no picks, but he doesn't because of mistakes that other players made.

5: If you extrapolate the numbers that he should have, he should finish the season with 16 TDs and no INTs. That also doesn't figure in his 6.1 yards per carry to this point.

The Cowboys are losing because they have played top ranked defenses and making mistakes at critical points in the game. Dak does need to be a little better and he will be moving forward. Just like Fitz or Mahommes won't continue playing at the level they are at. It is statistically impossible that Dak ends up with the stats you are pretending he will have. Unless he gets injured somewhere along the way, of course!

I think we'd all agree now, that the answer to the original question posed in this thread's title from last season, can be answered with a resounding, "YES".

Dak was exposed last year ... and now, a year later, he looks like he is destined to be a backup QB on the NFL level ... and it doesn't bring me any joy to say that as I like Dak, have stuck up for his social stances and right to express himself, and will ALWAYS consider him one of the biggest success stories in NFL history due to the rookie season he had after being a mere 4th round draft pick ... but ...

So far in 2018, he's played three games, and if you extrapolate his numbers over a full season, he'd have:

61.4 completion % (decent)
    2,656 passing yards (horrendously bad, Tebow-esque)
    5 real passing TDs (putrid, like what one wouldn't expect from a 3rd strong QB who only plays 4 games a year)
    5 "tap pass" TDs
    10-11 INTs (good … unless you only throw 5 real TD passes on the season)
    74.9 passer rating (horrible ... an even worse just 70.8 if the "tap pass" is counted as a run)

Just today I communicated with probably 20-30 Cowboys fans on Twitter that want the Cowboys to dump Dak and draft a rookie or trade for another QB … wow.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS … personally, I'd roll with Dak for the rest of this year AND next year before making a decision … give the young man the full 4 year rookie contract he's on to prove himself!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Dak has had 2 full seasons to progress. He is getting worse as time goes by. He reminds me of Josh Freeman, he started out hot and went down hill by his 3rd year and was out of the league shortly after. Dak runs way too much and relies on his legs most of the time. That works in college but not the NFL unless you are Michael Vick in his prime. He has a short passing game via bootleg scrambles. I believe every team has figured this out by now. They run with the Ewolk 2 plays then play action or bootleg and throw a 5 yard pass they hope turns into a big play. He does not have the talent to sit in the pocket and pic apart god defenses. Great kid but he is not an NFL starter long term. Winston is another story. If Fitzpatrick keeps up this level for tonight and next game, the Buccs would be foolish to replace him with a rusty Winston.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast