Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Has Dak Prescott Been Exposed Over the Past 3 Games?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, I wonder when people will stop questioning Dak's abilities??? Who has the most game winning drives over the last 3 seasons? You guessed it!!! DAK!!! Second place is Drew Brees.

Earlier you gave your word that you were not going to post in any thread I started ... but ... I'll entertain you with my replies :-)

By the way, as you can see, the ONLY person who has posted in this thread in the last 2 months or so has been me, and in all 4 of those posts I was praising or defending Dak.

A lot of people still question Dak ... but the Boys are back and looking good and I'm excited to see them in the playoffs!

Another mind boggling stat for people who want to question Dak's accuracy: Over his first 3 seasons, Dak's completion percentage is 66.1%. Who in the history of the league has a better completion percentage over their first 3 years in the league???? Maybe Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Winston???? NOPE!!! Is a matter of fact, Dak's 66.1% completion percentage is the best in NFL HISTORY!!! So, the next time that someone wants to question his accuracy, consider that stat.

Um, Troy Aikman is the guy who notoriously ripped Dak over his lack of accuracy ... I don't think too many people want to argue with Troy Aikman's assessment of a Cowboys QB. As for me ... Dak is plenty accurate enough in the system he's in that is heavy with dump-offs, screens and short passes ... he only seems to struggle with accuracy on mid-range and longer throws, but with the way the Cowboys can run the ball and play defense, for all anyone knows, Dak may be able to pull a Trent Dilfer and win a SB this year riding his running game and defense and completing nothing but short passes.

Without Zeke, and 3 of his starting offensive lineman, Dak had the best game of his career this past weekend!!! Sometimes it may not be pretty, but he knows how to win games and is clutch when it matters most. Looking forward to the game this weekend as it is an extremely tough matchup against the Hawks.

You and me both ... I think the Cowboys smack the Seahawks ... and then lose in the 2nd round to the Saints or Rams. I just don't think the Seahawks are very good ... they had a very easy schedule this year.

So, I think to answer the question posed in this thread: With Dak having the most game winning drives since entering the league, the best completion percentage of the first 3 seasons of any QB in history, and the best statistical season a rookie has ever had, I think we can say NO to your question!

The question was posed last year when Dak was absolutely exposed as he played TERRIBLE without Zeke over a solid sample size of games ... he has had a nice year this year by his standards in regards to the "counting stats"; however his Raw QBR (the king of QB stats as it is comprehensive) has plummeted. Last year he finished 4th in the NFL and this year he's down to 18th, right behind Joe Flacco. Now, I will say that I would expect his QBR to drop this year as he's been asked to do more this year, whereas last year he averaged just about 208 passing yards a game and dinked and dunked all year long which makes it a lot easier to keep your QB up as there's not many risks being taken. However, this year he averaged over 240 passing yards a game (which is a ton for him!) and with more yards and responsibility generally comes a lower QBR and less efficiency; therefore, to me, 2018 was a successful year for Dak and I do think the Cowboys will smack the Seahawks this weekend!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

I never said such a statement regarding the 500 threads you have started, but since you don't like me chiming in for some reason, I will now stop on all the 500 threads you have posted on here. I really have to pay attention to who started them as I believe you have started more than all other people combined.

I completely agree about the mid to deep ball comment. Although his average yardage per completion is pretty much in the middle of the pack of starting QBs this year. I would question Aikman's accuracy comment when Dak is the most accurate QB in NFL history at 66.1% for a QB in their first 3 years.

I do hope that the Cowboys take care of business this weekend. Should be a good game, but playing a guy like Wilson makes me a bit nervous. Since I can't participate in any thread you created, I wish you the best. Take care.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never said such a statement regarding the 500 threads you have started,

Yes, actually you did.

but since you don't like me chiming in for some reason, I will now stop on all the 500 threads you have posted on here. I really have to pay attention to who started them as I believe you have started more than all other people combined.

What I can I say, I'm prolific, hahahahaha.

I completely agree about the mid to deep ball comment. Although his average yardage per completion is pretty much in the middle of the pack of starting QBs this year. I would question Aikman's accuracy comment when Dak is the most accurate QB in NFL history at 66.1% for a QB in their first 3 years.

I don't think Aikman was questioning Dak's "comp %", merely his inaccuracy with mid-range to deep throws.

I do hope that the Cowboys take care of business this weekend. Should be a good game, but playing a guy like Wilson makes me a bit nervous. Since I can't participate in any thread you created, I wish you the best. Take care.

I don't mind you posting in this thread at all, I was just surprised to see you pop back up after saying you wouldn't participate before ... I generally always reply to all posts in all of my threads, no matter who posts, so it doesn't bother me one bit.

As for the Boys vs. Dangeruss ... if the game was in Seattle I think the Seahawks would win a very close game, but if it was on a neutral field I think the Boys would win by at least 3 points ... and with the game being in Dallas, I think the Boys will smack em pretty good ... I really like their defense and while Russ is a little magician, the guy barely throws for any yards and realizes on his own running game and defense to keep the game close, and then he generally unveils some magic at the end ... but this game might be over in the 3rd quarter.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dallas put a beat down on Seattle as I expected and while Russell Wilson's stats will end up looking better than Dak's, I was more impressed with Dak overall (mostly due to his running ability rather his throwing) ... the INT he threw was not "on him" and while he was sailing balls all over the place, he made some clutch throws, some big-time clutch runs and Wilson had just 167 yards passing in the game until the last drive, which is atrocious.

But, ZEKE ... what a monster that young man is ... 30 touches, 169 yards and a TD ... MONSTER!

And the Dallas "D" is just magnificent as well!

Now, I don't think they'll beat the Saints or Rams on the road next week but they should at least put a scare into both teams and harass whichever QB they play as well!

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Yeah the Seahawks play calling was archaic. Many drives that went run-run-pass-punt. Dak looked great and made all the throws he needed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah the Seahawks play calling was archaic. Many drives that went run-run-pass-punt. Dak looked great and made all the throws he needed.

And now Dallas gets to play the Rams ... I thought they'd get smacked in a rematch with the Saints but I think they should be able to hang around against the Rams as the Rams offense hasn't looked the same since Goff lost his favorite receiver ... smart money still says the Rams win, but it should at least be a good game and who knows, Zeke could take over!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456