Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Has Dak Prescott Been Exposed Over the Past 3 Games?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

DAK PRESCOTT ... EXPOSED or NOT?

Dak Prescott has thrown for 500 yards with ZERO TD passes and FIVE interceptions in the past three games that Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended.

There are Cowboy fans saying he should be benched for Cooper Rush, traded for Teddy Bridgewater (yes, I'm serious), etc. Late in the game today when he threw a little four yard dump-off on something like 3rd and 11 and it didn't result in a first down, one could hear loud audible boos from the spectators.

So, the question is, do YOU feel that these last games have exposed Dak as being little more than an average or even below average QB that is nothing more than a dink-n-dunk game-manager, or no?

Honestly, I like Dak. I think he seems like a decent young man (despite the issue in college and the auto-pen controversy) and I have no real doubt that he can have a great career if he gets to play behind an all-world offensive line and with an all-world running back ... but ... I also have always said that he was a mere "game-manager" and that there was a reason he was a 4th round draft pick (actually, he was the 135th pick, which would be the 7th pick in the 5th round if there weren't "compensatory picks") and the Cowboys would have been thrilled to have been able to draft Paxton Lynch instead of him. The guy is a 4th-5th round "talent" but someone that knows how to play within his abilities and not try to do things he can't do ... however these last 3 games have shown that even when he has a very good O line, decent ground game and decent receivers, if he is asked to "carry an offense", he simply isn't capable of doing that.

For goodness sakes, if one extrapolates his stats over the past 3 games over a 16 game season, one sees that Dak, without Zeke, would throw for 2,667 yards, 0 TD's and a whopping 27 interceptions ... those are numbers that would make even Trevor Simien (another game-manager but one with a poor offensive line and running game around him) and DeShone Kizer (who has a great deal more raw "talent" than Dak) cringe.

However ... Alex Smith is the epitome of a mere "game-manager" and he has carved out a very nice career for himself in the NFL and I have no doubt Dak can do the same ... and if he's blessed enough to continue to play with a great back and behind a great offensive line, I could even see him winning at least one ring as he knows how to play within his limitations.

What say YOU?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Chargers Defensive Lineman calls Dak Prescott a "bum": https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...oys/ar-BBFyUr2

However, until I saw this article, I had no idea who this lineman even was ... a nobody shouldn't call a somebody a "bum" imo.

Cowboys writer says Prescott isn't even a "game-manager": https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cow...ager-110956037

However ... Dak proved last year that he can be a very, very effective "game-manager" ... he just needs a ton of support around him.

Cowboys Fans' Labelling Dak Prescott a "Bust": http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/fans...g-day-chargers

However ... Dak was a 4th round pick, the #135 pick in the draft and won R.O.Y. ... even if he gets benched and never plays another NFL game, he was not a "bust" as no 4th round pick is expected to do much of anything, let alone win R.O.Y.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

It was a rough showing for him. I do not understand how he regressed so much. I guess now that other teams dont have to stuff 8 in the box Dak is having more problems reading the def
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It was a rough showing for him. I do not understand how he regressed so much. I guess now that other teams dont have to stuff 8 in the box Dak is having more problems reading the def

I honestly don't think he regressed at all ... in fact, outside of drug or personal problems I don't think many QBs actually "regress" until they get quite old.

To me, Dak is still the exact same player he was last year just with less talent around him ... he still has more talent around him than a whole lot of other QBs have around them, but he doesn't have his all-world RB or the all-world O-line he had last year (his line is still very good however) and as Dak was always a guy who needed serious support around him to be a good QB, his play now reflects what he really is ... an average QB with average arm talent.

I remember hearing some analyst say "Dak would even be great on the Browns" and almost spitting out my coffee as that is just insane!

Dak did great on the Boys last year ... but Trevor Siemian and many other QBs would have done the same imho and actual star young gun-slingers like Wentz, Jameis, Stafford, Luck, etc., could have done far more and probably taken THAT Boys team to the SB if not won the whole thing.

It just irks me that so many TV analysts are such lazy and illogical goof-balls ... to hear Steven A Smith and others talk, you'd think QBs played 1-on-1 ... it's idiotic. And, to judge one QB against another QB without taking their situations and supporting cast into account is basically the height of insanity, but that's what almost all of them seem to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

LOL i cant believe anyone said that he would be great on the browns. What happened to Dallas oline?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes I always thought he was more hype than reality but I never thought he was this poor of a player. I mean the Cowboys look like garbage without EE.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I think he is having some issues, but the O-line and the D-line sucks! I don't think the sub would do any better for the Cowboys at this time. It seems like the whole team has issues!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

A sophomore slump? I mean, now there is film on him that everyone can use to prepare with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

or he just wasn't that good;

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

or he just wasn't that good;

Ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner.

I watched the Skins v Boys game and Dak is just ... ugh. 102 passing yards on 22 attempts? I mean, come on ...

In Jameis Winston's 5 healthy games this year he has AVERAGED 316.4 passing yards per game ... last year playing behind a far worse O-line than Dak currently has with worse RB's (Alfred Morris is worlds better than Jaquizz Rodgers and off-the-street Peyton Barber) than Dak currently has, Jameis averaged around 1,023 yards, 7 TDs and 4.5 INTs per 4 games ... Dak has thrown for a grand total of 602 yards with 2 TDs and 5 INTs in the 4 games without Zeke ... that would translate to a 2,408 passing yard, 8 TD and 20 INT SEASON ... that is horrendous and would make him the worst starting QB in football but a lot ... way worse than Siemian, Flacco ... even DeShoner Kizer!

I still have no doubt that if Dak gets Zeke back and his O-line dominates he can be an "efficient QB" but people thinking he was a legit star QB were vastly over-rating him ...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast