Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Looks like Jameis will be the starting QB again. I'll be surprised if Koetter lasts the entire season at this rate.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looks like Jameis will be the starting QB again. I'll be surprised if Koetter lasts the entire season at this rate.

The Bucs owners have never fired a coach in-season and while I wouldn't mind seeing Koetter fired and Todd Monken (the O.C.) named the "Interim HC", I doubt that happens … but I do imagine Koetter will be fired at season's end and that the team will look at coaches like Jim and John Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley, Dan Campbell, David Shaw … and my personal favorite, and noted Jameis-lover, 2x NFL Coach of the Year, Bruce Arians.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

The Bucs owners have never fired a coach in-season and while I wouldn't mind seeing Koetter fired and Todd Monken (the O.C.) named the "Interim HC", I doubt that happens … but I do imagine Koetter will be fired at season's end and that the team will look at coaches like Jim and John Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley, Dan Campbell, David Shaw … and my personal favorite, and noted Jameis-lover, 2x NFL Coach of the Year, Bruce Arians.

Bucs ownership isn't exactly the brightest. That is obvious. If you plan on getting rid of Koetter why wait? I can't see any scenario where he doesn't get fired at this point.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Bucs ownership isn't exactly the brightest. That is obvious. If you plan on getting rid of Koetter why wait? I can't see any scenario where he doesn't get fired at this point.

I agree …

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Noted QB guru and offensive genius Kyle Shanahan perfectly summed up why most Tampa fans want head coach Dirk Koetter fired:

"Jameis, some of the plays he’s made over his career are unbelievable … Jameis is a guy that also, when nothing is there, he’s made some plays that I didn’t think people could make. He can be as good as anyone in this league" - Kyle Shanahan

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-23-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Jameis, some of the plays he’s made over his career are unbelievable … Jameis is a guy that also, when nothing is there, he’s made some plays that I didn’t think people could make.

That's some solid praise.

He can be as good as anyone in this league

This isn't specific to Winston, but comments like this literally mean nothing. I hate it when broadcasters use variations of this too. "He (Jameis Winston) can be as good as anyone (Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Nathan Peterman, Tom Savage???) in this league."

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ I hear ya, but when that second statement is made after the first statement, it's still extremely high praise … regardless, there are some that were surprised Shanahan was as effusive in his praise of Jameis as he was, as the statements also could be interpreted as an insult to Dirk Koetter and as saying that he (Shanahan) could do a lot better with Jameis than Koetter has …

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

as the statements also could be interpreted as an insult to Dirk Koetter and as saying that he (Shanahan) could do a lot better with Jameis than Koetter has …

I don't doubt that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jameis played magnificently today …

The 49'ers are not a good "team" but they were a very good, Top 10 defense with a very good pass defense as well. In fact, they only gave up a measly 187.0 passing yards per game on average to Jared Goff, Derek Carr and Eli Manning recently, and had only given up an average of 16.0 points per game over their last 3 games …. but Jameis shredded them for 312 passing yards on 76.3 comp % and for a 117.4 passer rating!

The Bucs have now also outscored their opponents 136-124 with Jameis at QB, for a +12, while they have been outscored by their opponents 214-158 for a -56 with Fitzpatrick at QB … and Jameis is actually 3-2 over his last 5 starts, which is incredibly impressive considering he has had no run game and a historically bad defense, and considering Fitz is 0-5 in his last 5 starts.

If Koetter stops the silly QB carousel and Jameis starts the last 5 games, even after this hellish season where so much went wrong, he should still end the year #1 ALL-TIME IN NFL HISTORY for passing yards before the age of 25 … and be no worse than #2 all-time, behind only Dan Marino, in passing TD's before the age of 25. Heck, he'll probably also become the all-time Bucs franchise record holder in completions, passing yards and passing TDs … at the age of 24 … crazy.

All things considered, today was a good day for Jameis!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-26-2018 at 03:23 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jameis, despite all the INTs and up and down season, is up to 8th in the NFL in QBR ... just 1 spot below and .1 point below Andrew Luck, who is being talked about as a messiah again, and a legitimate MVP candidate ... the media's insane bias and utter illogic and hypocrisy never cease to make me smile ...
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-26-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast