Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Saturday, August 4, 2018
    Normal CornBelters Legends Game - The Corn Crib (Normal, IL) - 35 Autographs (26 Sit Down, 9 On the Go)

Jim Edmonds (St. Louis Cardinals) - 2/2 8x10 Photos, 1/1 ROMLB
    Derrek Lee (Chicago Cubs) - 1/1 8x10 Photo, 1/1 ROMLB
    Aramis Ramirez (Chicago Cubs) - 2/2 8x10 Photos, 1/1 Card
    Ray Lankford (St. Louis Cardinals) - 1/1 Card, 1/1 Card
    Kerry Robinson (St. Louis Cardinals) - 5/5 Cards
    Kyle Farnsworth (Chicago Cubs) - 8/8 Cards
    Bob Dernier (Chicago Cubs) - 8/8 Cards
    Les Lancaster (Chicago Cubs) - 4/4 Cards

Absolutely great day at the Normal Cornbelters Legends Game. This is a celebrity softball game with former players from the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs. There were 3 former Cardinals in Jim Edmonds, Ray Lankford, and Kerry Robinson and 5 former Cubs in Derrek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Kyle Farnsworth, Bob Dernier, and Les Lancaster. There was a 90 minute autograph session pregame down on the field, and it was basically a free for all. One of the most disorganized signings I've been to. There were 8 tables scattered around the field but some tables got more crowded than others and it was hard to tell which line people were in. I had a terrible strategy at first, which probably cost me a couple more autographs. 1000 autograph session tickets were sold, and I was around the 100th person in person, so I was out in front.

The first autograph I got was from Ray Lankford. I've heard bad stories about his signing habits, so I made sure to get him first. Lankford was 1 per, and signed 1 card for me. Next I got Bob Dernier on 4 cards and then Kerry Robinson on 5 cards, and both of them were super nice. The lines for Edmonds, Lee, and Ramirez by this time tripled since when I first got down on the field, so I should have went to one of them first. This was probably 40 minutes into the autograph session by this time. I then waited in Aramis Ramirez's line, and his line took about 20 minutes. While in line for Ramirez, Les Lancaster was signing right beside and he had no one in line. With the disorganization, Ramirez's line wrapped right by Lancaster's table, and I was able to get Lancaster on 4 cards while still in Ramirez's line. With about 20 minutes left I went into the Jim Edmonds line. Luckily I made the line before they cut it off, and they guaranteed that they'll get through the line even though it took about 40 minutes, which meant the session ran overtime. While in line for Edmonds I snuck out briefly to get Kyle Farnsworth on 8 cards. When I got to the front for Edmonds he signed 2 8x10 photos for me. During the autograph session I got Edmonds (2 photos), Ramirez (2 photos), Farnsworth (8 cards), Robinson (5 cards), Dernier (4 cards), Lancaster (4 cards), and Lankford (1 card). The only guy I missed was Lee as his line was way too long. After the game, however, I got Derrek Lee to sign as he was leaving the dugout, and he signed 1 8x10 photo for me. I then went to the exit outside the stadium. All the guys were super nice and signed on their way out. I got Ramirez on a card, Dernier on 4 cards, Lankford on a card, Lee on a 2003 World Series ROMLB, and Edmonds on a ROMLB. All in all I got 35 autographs on the evening, so I'm very happy with my outcome.

YEAR TO DATE: 152
    SIT DOWN: 56
    ON THE GO: 96

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, October 6, 2018
    Player Appearance - Woodman's Food Market (Buffalo Grove, IL) - 5 Autographs (Sit Down)

Jay Hilgenberg (Chicago Bears) - 5/5 Cards

Finally got back to graphing after a busy last couple of months. Former Chicago Bears player and Super Bowl XX champion Jay Hilgenberg was doing a signing at a nearby grocery store. Hilgenberg was very friendly and chatted with all his fans. He signed 5 cards for me.

YEAR TO DATE: 157
    SIT DOWN: 61

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sunday, October 7, 2018
    Player Appearance - Howard Street Inn (Niles, IL) - 10 Autographs (Sit Down)

Johnny Knox (Chicago Bears) - 3/3 8x10 Photos, 7/7 Cards

Back to back days getting autographs for me. Former Chicago Bears player Johnny Knox was doing a signing at a nearby restaurant during the afternoon NFL games. Knox played 3 years in the NFL including 1 Pro Bowl before a suffering a career-ending back injury in a game in 2011. He was really cool and signed 3 8x10 photos and 7 cards for me.

YEAR TO DATE: 167
    SIT DOWN: 71

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Awesome stuff, and we are both Illinois alumni, congrats on your graduation!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday, October 15, 2018
    Radio Show - Buffalo Wild Wings (Savoy, IL) - 2 Autographs (On the Go)

Lovie Smith (Illinois Fighting Illini) - 2/2 8x10 Photos

Illinois Fighting Illini football head coach Lovie Smith does a weekly radio show at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. After the show, he signed 2 8x10 photos for me and was very cool as always.

YEAR TO DATE: 169
    SIT DOWN: 71
    ON THE GO: 98

kclj520 - Thank you!! Much appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, October 20, 2018
    Player Appearance - Jewel Osco (Chicago, IL) - 8 Autographs (Sit Down)

Kevin Butler (Chicago Bears) - 8/8 Cards

Former Chicago Bears kicker and Super Bowl XX Champion Kevin Butler did a signing at a Jewel Osco grocery store in the heart of downtown Chicago. Butler was very cool to talk with and he signed 8 cards for me.

YEAR TO DATE: 177
    SIT DOWN: 79

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, November 9, 2018
    Player Appearance - Cuzin's (Blue Island, IL) - 2 Autographs (Sit Down)

Dennis Gentry (Chicago Bears) - 2/2 Floorboards

Another signing with a former Chicago Bears player and 1985 Super Bowl Champion, this time with running back and returner Dennis Gentry. He signed 2 floorboards for me, which is a new project that I am starting. He was really cool and added the inscription "Super Bowl XX Champs" on both items.

YEAR TO DATE: 179
    SIT DOWN: 81

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Chicago Sports Spectacular - Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Rosemont, IL) - 2 Autographs (Paid Sit Down)
    Geoff Blum (Chicago White Sox) - 2/2 2005 WS ROMLBs

Former Chicago White Sox player and 2005 World Series Champion Geoff Blum made an appearance at the Chicago Sports Spectacular. I normally don't pay for autographs unless I really need someone for the PC. Blum was charging $40 per autograph, which is kind of steep, but I had to pay to add him to my 2005 World Series collection. I bought a ticket and he generously signed 2 2005 World Series ROMLBs for me and was really cool talking with all the White Sox fans. I'm now up to 11 players and coaches each on a signed 05 WS ball.

YEAR TO DATE: 181
    SIT DOWN: 83

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday, November 19, 2018
    Player Appearance - Buffalo Wild Wings (Willowbrook, IL) - 3 Autographs (Sit Down)

Pat Foley (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck, 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Eddie Olczyk (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk, the TV broadcasting duo for the Chicago Blackhawks, did an autograph signing at a local Buffalo Wild Wings in Willowbrook, IL. I was able to get 2 autographs from Foley on a Blackhawks logo puck and 8x10 photo. Foley inscribed "HOF 14" on both items as well. Olczyk signed 1 8x10 photo for me and added the inscription "One More Shift" for the Blackhawks fans who know what that means.

YEAR TO DATE: 184
    SIT DOWN: 86

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wednesday, December 26, 2018
    Chicago Huddle TV Show - Whirlyball (Vernon Hills, IL) - 6 Autographs

Roy Robertson-Harris (Chicago Bears) - 4/4 8x10 Photos (Sit Down)
    Patrick Mannelly (Chicago Bears) - 2/2 8x10 Photos (On the Go)

I went to a TV show taping of Chicago Huddle at Whirlyball in Vernon Hills, IL where former Chicago Bear Patrick Mannelly hosts a weekly show with a different Bears player each week. This week featured defensive lineman Roy Robertson-Harris. After the show, I got 4 8x10 photos signed by Robertson- Harris and I also got 2 8x10 photos signed by Mannelly. Great show and great event overall.

YEAR TO DATE: 190
    SIT DOWN: 90
    ON THE GO: 100

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast