Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Question about 2016-17 Upper Deck portraits.

Have not been around much lately so am sorry if this is a rehash of a talked about topic.

Looking on the bay I see green foil portraits from 2016-17. Some like the Nylander and Morgan Reilly have the green upper deck logo and green trim while others are gold without the /99 .
    Is this an e pack error or are there cards of all with the visible green foil and an unnumbered gold foil variation?

Wayne

2016/17 upper deck ud portraits rainbow green foil #p72 connor brown
    Last edited by waf; 07-11-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Do you have links?

my understanding (and this is also based on the checklists) there should be the following versions:

Regulars (unnumbered)
    Gold Foils: #/25, or /99 for rookies
    Blue Foils: #/5, or /25 for rookies
    (All available in both hobby & ePack)

The Greens came from ePack only, by combining (I think) 20 copies of the base. I do not think there should be any numbered Greens out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes I believe they are from e packs. The checklist you have right but what I am seeing are cards like this connor brown. 2016/17 upper deck ud portraits rainbow green foil #p72 connor brown

The card has no numbering and has gold foil.

Then you have ones like this McDavid 2016-17 Upper Deck - UD Portraits - Rainbow Green Foil #P-53 Connor McDavid
    No numbering but the foil is green.

I should also mention that I have not seen both versions of the same player it is either green or gold un numbered. More cards of the gold.
    Sellers call the gold one green so suspect it is an error uncorrected by upper deck.

Wayne

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I can assume that no one knows if the e pack green foil has an uncorrected issue. I believe the gold foil un numbered are really the green foil card

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The McDavid is for sure the green.... Im not sure what that Brown is. Does not look like the Gold /99, the numbered ones look like the base.... but fancier gold foil trim, and the serial number.

Maybe there was 2 levels of trading up on the ePack stuff? Trade 10 base for a rainbow, and 10 rainbow for a green? I dont think that was the case though.

I dont know what that Brown is.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

[QUOTE=30ranfordfan;14653906]The McDavid is for sure the green.... Im not sure what that Brown is. Does not look like the Gold /99, the numbered ones look like the base.... but fancier gold foil trim, and the serial number.

Maybe there was 2 levels of trading up on the ePack stuff? Trade 10 base for a rainbow, and 10 rainbow for a green? I dont think that was the case though.

I dont know what that Brown is.

Sent from my LG

Thanks or your input.

I believe the non numbered gold where to be green foil from e packs as there is not a green and gold non numbered of the same player. E bay sellers have the non numbered gold listed as green as well as COMC.com

How would I check this with upper deck?

Wayne

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yes I believe they are from e packs. The checklist you have right but what I am seeing are cards like this connor brown. 2016/17 upper deck ud portraits rainbow green foil #p72 connor brown

The card has no numbering and has gold foil.

Then you have ones like this McDavid 2016-17 Upper Deck - UD Portraits - Rainbow Green Foil #P-53 Connor McDavid
    No numbering but the foil is green.

I should also mention that I have not seen both versions of the same player it is either green or gold un numbered. More cards of the gold.
    Sellers call the gold one green so suspect it is an error uncorrected by upper deck.

Wayne

@waf there's 2 different E-Pack parallels for this set. Series 1 had the Green parallels and Series 2 had the Rainbow parallels.
    Last edited by DaveS; 07-20-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

@waf there's 2 different E-Pack parallels for this set. Series 1 had the Green parallels and Series 2 had the Rainbow parallels.

Thank you it all makes sense now. Never dawned on me about series 1 and 2.
    Wonder why COMC and ebay sellers call the series 2 green foil? Should they not be called rainbow foil?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thank you it all makes sense now. Never dawned on me about series 1 and 2.
    Wonder why COMC and ebay sellers call the series 2 green foil? Should they not be called rainbow foil?

@waf if I'm not mistaken, Upper Deck had originally announced the Series 2 Rainbows as Green parallels to match Series 1. Others were just going with what they were told and didn't bother to adjust when the difference was discovered.

I ran into some confusion with this same exact subject awhile back when I got a few of the Rainbow parallels shipped to me from E-Pack. I went to add them into the SCF IM but couldn't find a listing. After a bit of research by @Iheartjacquie and myself, we got it figured out and Jim made the necessary adjustments to the SCF IM so they're listed correctly in at least one spot on the entire internet. LOL