Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 11.0 - Leg 4 in our Drive for Draisaitl Contest!

I can't believe this is the 11th year that I've been running this contest! Where does the time go?!

Show & Tell Contest 11.0

Here's your chance to show off some of your favourite cards AND win something for it! (See below for prize)..
    The winner of each week's Show & Tell will also receive points in the standings for our year long contest - Drive for Draisaitl!

Check it out here..
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/2437110-Season-Long-Contest-Announcement-Drive-for-Draisaitl!

Lets get started, shall we?

Rules

Every week, entrants will be asked to showcase one of their cards following a pre-selected theme.
    There will be a new thread created every Sunday (or Monday) in the Show & Tell Forum. My thread will state the theme for the week and the deadline for submission.

1. Each submission must be made by a post in the thread, displaying both the card and the user ID of the cardholder. The picture/scan must show your handwritten user ID next to the card. This is to avoid anyone just picking a random picture on eBay and saying the card is theirs.

2. Only one submission per member per week will be allowed (unless noted).
    3. A card can only be entered into 1 weekly contest. Therefore, you cannot submit the same card as best autographed card and then again 2 weeks later as best autographed memorabilia card. Choose when to submit the card wisely!
    4. After the deadline for entry has passed, a new thread will be created asking members to vote on which card they think is the best card of the theme. They can consider any of the cards characteristics when placing their vote: the condition of the card, the beauty or the patch/swatch, the value of the card, the print run etc…
    5. Any card that won in last years Show & Tell CANNOT be used again this year!
    To avoid any problems, if you edit a post which you have made to submit an entry, you will be disqualified for that week. No exceptions!

In the event of a tie, on the very last vote of the contest, whoever (of the tied members) has the most votes will win.

How points will be awarded:

In each voting week, whoever has the most votes will receive 2 points in the Show & Tell standings. Second in voting will receive 1 point in the standings.

Drive for Draisaitl points:

50+ entries in a week: 3 points to the winner, 2 to 2nd place, 1 for 3rd.
    20-49 entries: 2 points to the winner, 1 for 2nd place.
    Under 20 entries: 1 point to the winner.

Now on to the fun stuff:

EVERY entry will earn you 25RP!
    Also, the winner of each week’s contest will be awarded an additional 25RP and over the life of the contest, standings will be kept.
    At the end of the 30 weeks, we will reward the top member with the most points with this:

An autographed 8x10 of Guy Lafleur!!!
    Thank you to our good friends at Players Choice Sportscards & Collectibles for providing us with this beautiful photo. Be sure to check out their Facebook page!

2nd place will receive 2500RP.

Themes: * THEMES MAY CHANGE *

Week 1: Best TTM/IP autographed card/item (your best card/item that you received through the mail or in person)
    Week 2: Best autographed card (single or multi-player, auto only. No memorabilia)
    Week 3: Best jersey card (single or multi-player, no autographs)
    Week 4: Best patch card (single or multi-player, no autographs)
    Week 5: Best non-numbered insert or base card
    Week 6: Best rookie card (any "true" rookie card, non-auto, non-memorabilia)
    Week 7: Best stick/glove/other card (any card with a piece of authentic memorabilia)
    Week 8: Best rainbow
    Week 9: Best 1/1 card
    Week 10: Best 'The Cup' card
    Week 11: Best vintage card (1975 or older)
    Week 12: Best plexiglass/acetate card (i.e. Glacial Graphs, Clear Cut Winners, etc)
    Week 13: Best retired/HOF card (any type)
    Week 14: Best original 6 card (any type of card from Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, NY Rangers and Bruins)
    Week 15: Best looking autograph
    Week 16: Worst looking autograph
    Week 17: Best memorabilia item (non card)
    Week 18: Best complete set
    Week 19: Best Calder Winning player card (any card of a player who has won the Calder trophy in his career)
    Week 20: Best Hart or Vezina winner card (any card of a player who has won the Hart or Vezina in his career)
    Week 21: Best autographed memorabilia card (single or multi-player)
    Week 22: Best member-made custom card
    Week 23: Best 'Upper Deck' card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 24: Best 'Leaf’ card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 25: Best 'In the Game' card NOTHING UNDER A PRINT-RUN OF 25
    Week 26: Best card from the 1980s
    Week 27: Best card from the 1990s
    Week 28: Best International card
    Week 29: Best 'family' card (brothers, father/son, etc)
    Week 30: Best card with a story (Pick a card that has the best story of how you acquired it)

The Contest will begin Sunday, October 7th, 2018. I will create a new thread in the Show & Tell Forum.

Good luck!

STANDINGS:

09232003 - 26 points
    johnse27 - 20 points
    Uhtred.the.viking - 13 points
    Bimola - 8 points
    Thick McRunfast - 5 points
    apod417 - 4 points
    GabbyGuy - 4 points
    doniceage - 4 points
    Stephler4 - 2 points
    mq13 - 2 points
    mindcrime1981 - 2 points
    chihawk19 - 1 point
    RGM81 - 1 point
    10-4 collector - 1 point
    opluent jupiter - 1 point

DFD Points:

johnse27 - 8
    09232003 - 8
    Uhtred.the.viking - 3
    Bimola - 3
    apod417 -2
    GabbyGuy - 2
    doniceage - 2
    mq13 - 1
    Thick McRunfast - 1
    mindcrime1981 - 1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by aweeks; 06-19-2019 at 12:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs

This looks fun and I'd love to join y'all, but my meager collection has nothing applicable for at least 17 of the weeks, so I probably won't be joining, or very rarely.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This looks fun and I'd love to join y'all, but my meager collection has nothing applicable for at least 17 of the weeks, so I probably won't be joining, or very rarely.

That’s quite ok! You don’t have to enter every week to participate. Just show off what you have and remember that it’s all about fun and community!

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2019-20 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Domi, Ryan Poehling, and Brendan Gallagher

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (20)
    Country
    Twitter: @@stephler4 Instagram:

Is this considered week 1?

Collect Ryan Spooner, Anthony Cirelli, Micheal Dal Colle, Zach Senyshyn, Owen Tippett and Tobias Lindbergh. Also collect various Young Gun cards/sets. Thanks

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last year was my first year participating. Lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing some great cards this season!