Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner

SCF Rewards
    Country

Collect what you want to collect. I collect Yankees. Most of my cards are under $5 but some of them are exceedingly hard to find. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to put team sets together. Nothing like getting the last card in your set.

Don't worry about what will go up in the future. Cards are a terrible investment. Very few cards really go up in price substantially, they aren't liquid, and the transaction costs are high. If you're looking with an eye to the future buy securities or real estate.

To start, I would buy large lots of mixed Yankees or any cards of interest. A box of 800 or so is about $20 and will range throughout the decades back to the 80's. See if you like the feel of them, the art of them, the history in them. If you don't love to have them in your home, seek out another hobby that gives you that satisfaction.

Because chasing PSA10's and "flipping" cards in my opinion is a losing game and the reason that many people drop out of the hobby in a year or two.

As far as Australian players, Dave Nillson wasn't a Yankee but Mark Hutton was. Futera also produced many sets of the ABL and Australian Football, some rather nice. There are also sets produced for US leagues and local leagues for many countries in Asia if you want something a bit off-beat. There's a lot more to cards than PSA10's of rookies.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Find Baseball Cards on Kronozio!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought I would have something to add, but I don't. Everything that has been said here is right on point!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12