Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Stupid question, why not remanufacture them?

Seems like a pretty simple change. Cut the memorabilia out, reprint, re sign. If there isn't enough time to do that, put as a reemption with no expiration on it. Screenshot_20181011-130453_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20181011-130444_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Under US law, as well as UD’s standard practice, a redemption Card has to have an expiration date on it.

Also, the process of acquiring autographs isn’t as simple as you describe. These guys do not rank signing cards high on their list of things to do and so they could be waiting weeks or even months to get them replaced. They’re not going to hold up production for two cards, no matter the player or the cards involved.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Including them, with the smudge, is much better than pulling them from the release, IMO.

There is no reason they couldn't pull them, remake the cards, and have him resign them.... but they would have to be redemptions (which have to have an expiry date). They may not be confident they can get Brock to sign again in the short or even medium term.... so might not be worth the hassle.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

You don't have to hold up production to put in 2 redemption cards, and if you need an expiration date accordance with laws, you can make it be 10 years. Also, it's not like the players don't have signings throughout the year as new cards are produced. On what will be one of the more sought after cards, just seems silly not to make sure it's pristine for that lucky collector.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See satchmo1927's Items on eBay

Ink-smudge relic!

Super rare!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I glad they kept them in there, personally. Would hate to have those two big cards (especially that auto shield) pulled from the product altogether.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

I saw a box break last night on YouTube where the Boeser auto was smudged in one of those Autographed booklet cards. The guy who broke the box didn’t come anywhere close to touching the auto and there was like a fingerprint smudge in it. Seems like they need to talk to him if they plan on having him do autos on the card in the future

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know people want mint cards and in the case of these they should be but I guess I've been around the hobby enough that if I pulled this it really wouldn't bother me that much. I've seen some wrecked 1/1s over the years and this damage/flaw for whatever reason doesn't tick me off as much as say a crease or dented corner would.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

Since they came out and said straight it was Brock's handling of the pen while handling the cards that the mark was on them, it should have zero affect on what "grade" they get. I agree, too, that it's pretty unique and I, for one, would have no issue pulling the cards. That being said, if anyone DOES have an issue with it and they happen to pull one of them, feel free to send them my way. I'll make sure they go to a good home :D

99-00 Exclusives: 300/305 (98.4%)
    Hidden Content (Or Hidden Content ) / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Upperdeck is in a no win situation here. They pack out the cards the way they are people get mad because of the smudge. If they pull the cards people get mad because it turns into a redemption. The funny thing is that most likely it's the same person getting mad either way. Now that so many collectors know about it, if the people who pull those cards try to clean it everyone will say the cards have been tampered with.

I give UD credit for letting people know ahead of time about the cards. I personally think it's fine as long as the auto is not smeared, gives it a personal touch

Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast