Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Video Emerges Of Red Sox Pitchers Using Pine Tar To Cheat Against Astros In ALCS

http://dailysnark.com/video-emerges-...in-alcs-watch/

Matt Barnes was dominant for the Sox in Game 2, and one fan recorded this video clearly showing the pitcher visiting and revisiting a spot on his non-throwing arm to gather pine tar in order to help him add movement to his off-speed pitches.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Find Baseball Cards on Kronozio!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls
    See jplcom's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Cheating in baseball almost seems like tradition in how much you can get away with compared to other sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See satchmo1927's Items on eBay

Weird. Here are quotes from both managers. It seems like they're fine with it, and that a lot of other players are fine with it, too (emphasis mine):

"Seems like those videos always come out in October," Cora said. "I wonder why. You have to ask the hitters. They like guys that can control their stuff. So I just leave it at that."

Cora said he recently watched the Jay Howell incident during the 1988 NLCS between the Mets and Dodgers on MLB Network. Howell got ejected for pine tar in his glove. "I saw that, I was like, 'wow,'" Cora said. "Get thrown out of a playoff game for something like that . . . Interesting. No, I mean, it is what it is. Everybody knows."

And here's some interesting info from a USA Today article:

But in an era in which baseballs are replaced more frequently during play than ever before, and especially after an apparent change to the constitution of the official balls to make them slicker and their seams lower, pitchers across the league rely on sticky substances to enhance their grips. Subtly applied pine tar, hair gel or sunscreen — possibly mixed with rosin from the bag on the back of the mound — help guys maintain more control of the baseball, and no one in the game seems to mind.

“Honestly, it’s not even something that’s crossed my mind,” said Astros manager A.J. Hinch on Monday, when told about Barnes’ viral moment. “There’s a lot of attention on everything. There’s an answer for everything. There’s a lot of experts. There’s a lot of curiosities. I think there are so many good storylines in this series that I hope that something like that doesn’t even really get more than one click.

“There’s so much difference between doctoring a ball versus kind of what goes on nowadays.”

Maybe that's why the Red Sox pitcher didn't even try to sell it any better, for example by pretending he was just rubbing his forearm or by adjusting that long-sleeve shirt. I mean, no one clasps their entire hand around their forearm in the way he was doing it after every pitch.

Seems like if MLB just stopped manufacturing baseballs that were so slick, pitchers wouldn't have to figure out a way to enhance their grip on the ball.

Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 10-18-2018 at 08:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

wow if that is true he should be banned from baseball or at least suspended.

my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content
    on packrip: Hidden Content