Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - October 18, 2018

hey Members -

Its been a busy week for Roger and myself. I wanted to take a couple minutes to highlight some of the changes that have been made on SCF this week. I am not planning any more significant changes until after Expo in Toronto (I will not be home).

1) Roger has been working on box reviews that we are receiving from Topps (hoping for Panini in the future). We did work on the format for the reviews as well as landing page for the articles. Most of this is cosmetic changes to what it was before - but the format is important; giving this a different look and feel and being able to use this in other projects.

If you want to look at this, please go here. --> https://www.sportscardforum.com/articles.php

I have some older reviews that need to be moved into this section as well.

2) Something that I have been thinking about lately is what is called the postbit. This is the information that is on the left side of this post. Frankly, it's getting a bit bloated. I am in the process of reviewing some modifications that would create "tabs" in this area so your social icons, post information, etc would be in tabs on that section.

Secondly, I put in a modification that will rotate this information from the left side of the page to the top of the page if you are on a mobile device automatically. When I first put it in, it was noticed some of the information was missing - this has been "corrected". There are some styling issues that I want to address.

However, because of this change, last night, I added a modification that will allow you to decide what you want to see for your "postbit" information. If you go into your UserCP, then go to General Settings, you will see the following at the very bottom

postbit_switch.PNG

You can select your choice and Save Changes.

If you choose Postbit Legacy (Userinfo To The Left Of Posts), it will look like this

postbit1.PNG

If you choose Postbit (Userinfo Above Posts), it will look like this

postbit2.PNG

You can play and see which one you prefer.

3) This afternoon, I FINALLY added a Thumbs Up/Down modification to SCF. You will find it at the bottom right, just before the user signature. You cannot Thumb Up (Like) or Thumb Down (dislike) your own posts.

It will look like the following

thumb.PNG

If you have already thumbed up a post, it will look like this

thumb1.PNG

When a post does get a Thumb Up, you should get a notification of this - however, you can disable this in your General Settings as well. Look for the following

thumb2.PNG

If you hover over the Thumbs, you will be able to see which members has Thumbed Up or Down a post. I only have the Thumb Down option active at this point for evaluation and feedback purposes. I am leaning to disabling the thumbs down... but I'll let you all decide on this.

There are couple of other little easter eggs added to the site this week. Most are cosmetic.

If you have questions, fire away.

SK

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Thanks for the update.

I did notice there is not longer a "User CP" option at the top right. You have to now click the SCF Member Menu dropdown to get to that.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks for the update.

I did notice there is not longer a "User CP" option at the top right. You have to now click the SCF Member Menu dropdown to get to that.

I added that in today - I am debating the merits of it
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 10-19-2018 at 10:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

I added that in today - I am debating the merits of it

I used to click on User CP everytime I came to SCF. Now it just takes a bit longer to get there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I used to click on User CP everytime I came to SCF. Now it just takes a bit longer to get there.

part of the reason I added this in was there were a number of different clicks that this is going to potentially save for other aspects of the site. Whether I modify this further, i'll gauge this on feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

UserCP is back as a single click - left the rest of the menu for thoughts

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Hey Scott,
    I haven't seen any mention of this, but I keep getting an error message everytime I try to access the Inventory Manager. Any idea when this is going to be back up?

Thanks,
    Kelly

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

Hey Scott,
    I haven't seen any mention of this, but I keep getting an error message everytime I try to access the Inventory Manager. Any idea when this is going to be back up?

Thanks,
    Kelly

I just checked and am getting the error also.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

also error for trade manager keep getting

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See gpachl's Items on eBay

Check my SCF inventory for inserts /parallels /autographs /game used & relics /rookies.
    Emmitt Hidden Content . -My Emmitt Smith card count: 6,432 different cards as of 1/3/2023. (#ed=2,796, gu/relic=847, autos=198, 1 of 1's=81)
    Cowboys PC (not including Emmitts): 11,455 cards (6,955 different base, 4,500 insert/parallels/autographs/games used/etc.)
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast