Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Rodney- Not really, but the older the era played in, the better.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Black Friday 2018

SCF Rewards
    Country

James, thanks for the quick reply. I have these -------------

2004 TOPPS TRIBUTE HOF TR-GS George Sisler bat (bv = 25)
    2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Feel the Game Classic Enos Slaughter bat (bv = 12) - TRADED
    2005 LEAF Century Shirts S-19 Hal Newhouser jersey #ed 094/100 (bv = 12) - TRADED

2004 LEAF LIMITED Limited Legends LL-10 Johnny Mize pants #ed 068/100 (bv = 12)
    2003 TOPPS GALLERY ART AR/CK Chuck Klein bat (bv = 15)
    2003 TOPPS GALLERY ART AR/GK George Kelly bat (bv = 15)
    2001 UD Legends of N Y LDB-BH Billy Herman bat (bv = 15)
    2012 PLAYOFF PRIME CUTS Icons #39 Miller Huggins bat #ed 49/99 (don't know bv)
    2003 TOPPS TRIBUTE W S Edition TR-BH Bucky Harris bat #ed 336/425 ( bv = 30)
    2001 SP LEG. CUTS Debut D-CG Charlie Gehringer bat (bv = 40)
    2005 BOWMAN HERITAGE Pieces of Greatness PG-JG Josh Gibson - Griffith Stadium seat piece (bv = 15)
    2003 TOPPS TRIBUTE Perennial A S Edition TR-JCR Joe Cronin bat (bv = 12)
    2002 TOPPS TRIBUTE Milestone Mat. MIM-JBO Jim Bottomley bat (bv = 30)
    2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Dodger Blues Walter Alston jersey (bv = 25)

Last edited by OriolesFan; 11-11-2018 at 03:13 PM. Reason: adding info.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodney- Would you trade the Gehringer for the Murray?

SCF Rewards
    Country

James, I'm trying to find out their bv's. In 2012 the Gehringer had a bv of $80, but by 2017 it was $40. The Murray's bv in 2012 was $40 as an "unlisted star", but by 2017 he was no longer listed in Beckett as "unlisted star" or "semi-star". Also, the 2002 Donruss Elite Back 2 Back ... is not in Beckett. My estimate is that the Murray now has a bv somewhere in the $15-$25 range, but that's just a guess. I've posted bv's by all that I listed in post #32. Most of those were less in 2017 than they were in 2012 (As an example:the 2003 TOPPS GALLERY Art ones were both $30 in '12,but down to $15 IN '17). Thanks for the quick post and offer. Have a good evening, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodney- According to the Beckett On Line Guide they both currently book $40.00

SCF Rewards
    Country

James, for some reason Beckett's OPG & monthly price guide don't always have the same bv's for the same card. By doing that, at times, it makes it hard to work out a trade/deal.Also, when a player was on an "unlisted star" list and later removed the value of that player usually goes down. When no longer "unlisted star", it usually becomes "semi-star" or "minor star". The bv's on those are lower than those of "unlisted star". Therefore, it makes it harder to work out a fair trade.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodney- The reason I switched to the on-line guide was that I feel the paper version is trying to achieve two goals that are not mutually achievable- having accurate Book values while keeping the number of pages low. I think they are more worried about the number of pages and therefore the cost than they are bout accuracy. With the On-Line guide they don't have the same restrictions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

James, no matter if it's OPG or the monthly price guide, the bv's should be the same. And when a name is taken off the "unlisted star" list , that players bv usually is going down because the player is, in most cases, going down to semi-star or minor star. So, with the two bv's of OPG and monthly price guide not being the same creates a problem. I, like you, like to work out fair trades. When such a "?" comes up, I don't like to trade with that doubt. I checked several (the ones I put bv's by) from a while back to fairly recent, and found that a good number had their bv's decrease. The Gehringer went from $80 to $40,others went from $30 to $15,and others also decreased. When the Gehringer was $80 the Murray was $40,and on the "unlisted stars" list. When the Gehringer went down to $40 the Murray was no longer on the "unlisted stars" list (the "retired minors" bv was $25). Therefore, so as the bv is questionable, I'd rather pass on the trade of Gehringer for Murray trade. We've done several trades in the past,and I'd like to do some in the future. However, I don't want to do one that we both have questions or different views about. A fair trade is nice, but a questionable one creates possible problems down the road. Thanks for your time and effort concerning this. Have a good evening and weekend, Rodney

Last edited by OriolesFan; 11-09-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: making corrections

SCF Rewards
    Country

ttt for today ---------------------- Anyone interested ? ------------------ Any offer(s) ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodney- I agree with you that the prices should be consistent. The reason I trust the On-Line Guide more is that every card is priced individually. Thirty years ago the Beckett magazines also had every card listed except for commons. As more and more sets came out, they started condensing the listings. Many cards changed prices then, not because the values changed, but because Beckett was more concerned about space than accuracy.

Other than the Gehringer and the Josh Gibson, what would you trade from your list above for the Murray?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast