Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Flickr is big enough, it's possible they may have an alternate way to pay? (i.e. money order / bank draft). I have no idea (though I wouldn't be shocked if they don't). It's less about "you don't matter" and more about "so few would pay that way, that it's cost prohibitive to allow a small minority to do it".

I know you've posted about that issue before - I don't have the specifics, but I think I (mostly) understand the issue.

I will say this about Flickr's change: It's FAR better than Photo Bucket. When PB changed things around, you could no longer link to your PB account without a paid upgrade. Flickr - as far as I can tell, that won't be a problem. You just don't have unlimited storage anymore.

For me: 1k photos is more than enough, so I'm not too upset about it. The PB changes really messed with me though.

My biggest issue is that I'll never be able to upgrade to their pro account. I don't have a credit card or PayPal, so once again, I don't matter to them. If you want an explanation why I have neither of those things, by all means, send me a PM and I'll happily explain.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Flickr is big enough, it's possible they may have an alternate way to pay? (i.e. money order / bank draft). I have no idea (though I wouldn't be shocked if they don't). It's less about "you don't matter" and more about "so few would pay that way, that it's cost prohibitive to allow a small minority to do it".

I know you've posted about that issue before - I don't have the specifics, but I think I (mostly) understand the issue.

I will say this about Flickr's change: It's FAR better than Photo Bucket. When PB changed things around, you could no longer link to your PB account without a paid upgrade. Flickr - as far as I can tell, that won't be a problem. You just don't have unlimited storage anymore.

For me: 1k photos is more than enough, so I'm not too upset about it. The PB changes really messed with me though.

WAY better than Photobucket's changes. I think at the time of their initial change, it was a few hundred dollars in order to upgrade your account so you could still post to 3rd party sites like forums, etc. So Flickr's $50 annual rate is more than fair. They are also offering 30% off right now, which is nice.

and @Leafsman, I would try and contact Flickr and see what they can do about your unique situation. Maybe they can provide you with more payment methods?
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Given that my PC alone has rookie cards of almost 1,100 different players, not to mention the traders I have, 1,000 is not enough. I need to display my PC because I make my PC available on occasion as well. It also allows me to see my PC and show people at any time without having to physically handle my cards.

The only payment options are PayPal or credit card. Gift credit cards are not accepted. I asked at my bank if getting a PayPal account was a good idea, and they said that it wasn't. I don't think it's wise to open another bank account for that either.

Due to some bad experiences, I don't trade for cards I have not seen, and I make a point to show everything I have so people can see for themselves before asking about something. If I can no longer provide that courtesy, I see no point in continuing.

Once again, my situation slides me through the cracks of acceptability in the hobby and folks, I'm honestly starting to feel depressed about it. Without this hobby, I have nothing to look forward to.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

WAY better than Photobucket's changes. I think at the time of their initial change, it was a few hundred dollars in order to upgrade your account so you could still post to 3rd party sites like forums, etc. So Flickr's $50 annual rate is more than fair. They are also offering 30% off right now, which is nice.

and @Leafsman, I would try and contact Flickr and see what they can do about your unique situation. Maybe they can provide you with more payment methods?

@creasecollector I tried. I got auto-directed to their FAQ which was ZERO help. Also, see my post in response to @30ranfordfan above.
    Last edited by Leafsman; 11-07-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Given that my PC alone has rookie cards of almost 1,100 different players, not to mention the traders I have, 1,000 is not enough. I need to display my PC because I make my PC available on occasion as well. It also allows me to see my PC and show people at any time without having to physically handle my cards.

The only payment options are PayPal or credit card. Gift credit cards are not accepted. I asked at my bank if getting a PayPal account was a good idea, and they said that it wasn't. I don't think it's wise to open another bank account for that either.

Due to some bad experiences, I don't trade for cards I have not seen, and I make a point to show everything I have so people can see for themselves before asking about something. If I can no longer provide that courtesy, I see no point in continuing.

Once again, my situation slides me through the cracks of acceptability in the hobby and folks, I'm honestly starting to feel depressed about it. Without this hobby, I have nothing to look forward to.

Please don't feel depressed. I would say then try to find a different avenue for storing your card scans/photos.

Right now you can download your Flickr albums neatly onto your computer. So if you do find a Flickr alternative, you can take these downloaded albums and do a few mass uploads in order to have all of your previous content uploaded on a new photo-sharing platform.

Also, I would look into a Weebly account or something too so you can create your own hobby website (don't worry, it's free). I use mine for sharing my personal collection with everyone. I also publish my wantlist on there too, so I can direct people to it when asked. I have not uploaded my traders, but I may look to do that in the future.

https://creasecollector.weebly.com/ - please have a look. If you don't like the look or layout of my site, that can be easily changed)

Creating your very own website with Weebly is super easy. It may take awhile to upload and organize your stuff on a new website. But once you're there, you're golden. Then just maintain it with the new cards/scans coming in and out of your collection, the new traders you receive, etc, etc.

So there are options out there. You just need to find the ones that work for your scenario. I think Weebly can help you. It can be your "one stop shop" for displaying your own PC and traders neatly in the same place.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 11-07-2018 at 05:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm going to scan my GU/AU traders 9 at a time in order to work around the 1000 image limit. The only issue is that I won't be able to list yr/serial info, have to think of a solution there.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

I'm going to scan my GU/AU traders 9 at a time in order to work around the 1000 image limit. The only issue is that I won't be able to list yr/serial info, have to think of a solution there.

You can list info about the photo in the description box in Flickr. It's located below the photo title.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That is true, but I always liked using the title box more b/c people could view that preliminary info just by hovering their mouse over an image in the Album.

You're right though, I will probably end up going that route.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hope you don't get too down about it.
    @scottkoz20 has already mentioned in this thread, that there are photo hosting options within SCF now (outside of the inventory manager). If you're looking at something that will host in excess of 2k photos (and a growing number) I would just spend some time to look into what other free options are out there.

On the paypal thing - I don't know if this would work for you - but I'm 99.9% sure that a "preloaded" Visa card can be used with a paypal account (I am 100% sure it worked at one time) It's a Visa, not a credit-card. If you load $50 onto it, then your limit is $50. If you load $2k, then your limit is $2k. There's typically "per-load" fee though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

are "Gift" credit cards the pre paid visa or mastercards? because I know you can buy $25, $50, $100 or $250 cards and those you can load onto site or paypal for sure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast