Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

New and needing advive on inherited cards

Hi all!
    I’m actually not a card collector but inherited some cards and need advice. I was given collection 20 years ago to use if ever I’m financial bind. We are now. My husband has stage 4 cancer and we need to pay off some medical bills to start new treatment.
    The cards are mainly from the 80s and 90s. I’ve read, researched so much about that time and mass production. So not even sure what I have is worth anything. But at this point in our life every little bit helps.
    I’ve researched cards I have ranging from being sold for $1.00 to hundreds. So that’s where the confusion sets in for me. But I’ve also read on grading, which seems expensive. I’m rambling.....
    What is a good forum to post my question on how to go about selling the cards. Do I organize them? See what I have? Go from ther? And so forth....
    I have mainly baseball cards but also basketball and hockey!

By the way I’m a huge Astros fan in Houston!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

Hello @TX4thewin, we are happy that you found us! If you have questions, please feel free to ask them in the Feedback and Suggestions forum as we are always looking to improve SCF. Also, I invite you to review our free tools to enhance your collections such as our Inventory Manager and Through the Mail Manager! -Scott

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome

I Collect Cleveland Browns,Drew Bledsoe

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear about the cancer. If you post a picture of everything you have here I'm pretty sure we could give you a good estimate on the value of the cards. Might be a good idea to just list it all on craigslist after that to move it quick and get good cash for it. I have been sitting on some cards for years because they don't sell quickly sometimes and that's not really going to help you piecing out every little card to gain a dollar or two here and there.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and pictures and lists would help.

Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Yeah, selling as a whole lot would be easier to get some quick cash. Otherwise you run the risk of holding onto the cards a lot longer than your need if you want to get "market value" on every single card, which can take a lot of time. I am hoping this works out for you, and best of luck with everything.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros
    See jametagli_0's Items on eBay

another easy way to find value of a particular card is to go to ebay, type in the players name, the year of the card, the card number, and look at "completed auctions". then you will see what individual items have sold for in the past and what you should expect to get...

another good way to sell on ebay if you dont want to sell individual cards is to group them by year and sell as a lot, or by team and sell as a lot, be sure to list as much detail as you can such as players names and years to draw the most buyers.