Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I like when this kind of stuff happens - it gives a tiny amount of the "you can get anything" feeling back to a pack - something that is ever so missing in the super-strict box-break-configuration-adhering products of today

it's just fun and neat to go through the cards and find this kind of stuff or discover organically

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Or, they can let people figure it out themselves without being spoon fed the answers. Almost like letting them have some fun going through their cards to discover something different.
    I don't mind not having a checklist. but they really do have to inform the buyer of the existence of "special" cards. Perhaps just a blurb on the box about "photo variations" or some odds on the back of the pack. Otherwise, if you are just opening a box and have no idea something is a variation, you won't know. If someone knows about the variations and you don't, then you might lose the card in a trade for nothing and get screwed. Remember, not everyone uses Twitter or Facebook,etc. If some kid whose parents dont allow him on social media is opening a box at a show, some adult/older kid could trade him for another common and screw the kid.

Personally, I think this is a reason why OPC Blank Backs are not as popular or valuable as they should be. Since OPC are cheaper than most cards, I think there are a lot more casual collectors that buy that stuff. I believe a lot of blank backs are simply ignored, or people think they are mistakes, and just throw them in a box where they are forgotten. If everyone knew how rare they are, more would make it to the secondary market, and those that do would probably bring in more money. Just like Exclusives, the hot rookies sell for a lot, but commons sell pretty cheaply. That is because they are not listed on the back of packs, and they aren't numbered. So if you don't know about them, you don't know they are special.

SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which of the variations are more valuable? Would think they may be same value. Who knows||||||||

Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12