Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 6x9 Envelope postage

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

6x9 Envelope postage

I have been sending my 4x6 photo TTM’s out in 6x9 clasp envelopes out with 1 stamp on the SASE back to me and 2 stamps on the envelope out. A lady at a local post office told me if it’s under an once it can go out with 1 stamp. I had a TTM request that felt lighter compared to the others I have sent and there wasn’t much to it either. I don’t have a postal scale so I put one 1 stamp on it. Went to the post office to get more stamps and while I was there I just happened to ask the gentleman working there if he could weigh it because I knew it was bordering on an ounce. This guy weighs it then points out everything he can with the envelope to make it cost more. It had a clasp so that makes it weigh more & non machinable that’s extra and on and on I ended up having to pay over a dollar more so by the time it was all said and it was almost $2 to send. Everything thing I countered with he met with a lame excuse as to why it’s that way. I ended up just giving I was on his turf and there was no way I was going to win.

those of you who TTM 8x10’s how much postage do you use on a 6x9 envelope? 1 stamp or 2 ? Or something different?
    I typically send a letter 1 maybe 2 pictures, the 6x9 SASE and a sleeve I made out of manillia folders for the pictures to go in on the return.

I figured out this morning how to remove the clasps just so it doesn’t become an issue again.

thanks for your responses

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

I use the self seal 6x9's for ttm. I use two stamps to mail out and 1 on the SASE.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use the self seal 6x9's for ttm. I use two stamps to mail out and 1 on the SASE.

Awesome Thank you sir! Glad to know I have been doing it correctly

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use 1 stamp and remove the clasp and seal it with tape. I had some returned even though they were within the 1 stamp weight range and the explanation I was given was the clasp made it non-machineable; thus the additional ounce rate applied.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good to know I will for sure remove the clasp. Thank you for the response