Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Winnipeg Jets Montreal Canadiens

Thumbs up Back in the hockey card bug again! New member Hello!

Hi everyone.

I am a new member joining, as I am getting back into hockey cards again. I had always thought about it in the back of my mind then I started and I am totally in the rabbit hole.

I was into collecting hockey cards as a kid, obviously not seriously as I was quite young then. The hobby was nothing like it was then (there weren't dedicated sports memorabila card shops then). Around 1987 I started getting into baseball cards, and then as some of you might know that scene back in the day (for all you young kids as I am now seriously dating myself) it blew up and crashed like crazy. I didn't go in trying to score big, I just really loved the hobby, but by early 90s I got out.

One thing I did learn was that if you have fun with it you will always love it. If you go in looking for an angle, trying to make money, or chase rookie cards in hopes they will go up in value... you are going to get burned and be pretty miserable. Nobody wants that.

In the end I had a lot of fun, and now that I am a little older and wiser on top of that, I am slowly diving in and really re-living a lot of good memories.

I am focused on hockey, and not baseball. I am working on a simple base set completion of the UD 2018/19 MVP set, which is fun to do. Nice cards, but there is a lot that has changed since back in the day. I've read some of the facts and stickies here and part of the reason I joined was that I thought this would be a great place to help others in completing their and my trade goals, but also in a fair environment.

Yes I am aware there are jerks out there, but I am looking forward to just simple set completions, probably something that can go in a straight PWE at first, and of course yes I would send first (hey I said I read the stickies right?). Something like base set under 200s but I got a blaster coming so I am not rushing out to trade just yet. I'll save that for a future post.

Looking forward to hopefully a very good community, and nothing too serious. Have fun out there kids.

I live in the Washington DC area, and I am a big Caps fan. I also grew up in Canada as well.

Favorite teams are (probably in order) Washington Caps, Winnipeg Jets, and Montreal Canadiens. Only a small handful of teams I really don't care for, but that doesn't mean I don't respect some of the talent on them either.

I am also a giant soccer (the real football) fan. I've been a DC United season ticket holder for a long time (MLS Soccer). VAMOS UNITED! But I'll leave that out of here since soccer cards aren't really a thing (at least not yet, they do exist though).

Well that's my intro. Hope to see how things go here, hopefully well.

I even thought of a YouTube channel, I wondered if members here have them? Many I've seen are just sort of breaks, which gets a bit redundant, but I had some other ideas.

In the meantime I am going to look around.

Thanks... :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Hi @HockeyCardKing and welcome to SCF! If you have questions, please feel free to ask them in the Feedback and Suggestions forum as we are always looking to improve SCF. Also, I invite you to review our free tools to enhance your collections such as our Inventory Manager and Through the Mail Manager! -Scott

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Ethan, have fun here and enjoy yourself!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and make sure to check out the Hockey and Soccer posts!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

welcome to the site and back to the hobby......so many great people here who can help I am sure you will enjoy yourself :)
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

Welcome!
    Go Jets!