Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Carolina Panthers Washington Wizards South Carolina Gamecocks

Favorite TTM successes.

I was just wondering what the best football TTM success that you have received are. This is not necessarily the most successful player that you have received just, the one with the most meaning to you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Blaster Palooza

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls
    See jplcom's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Growing up in the late 80s/90s my brother was a Cowboys fan and I a Niners fan. We endlessly debated/fought about who was better on each others teams and of course who was the better team (clearly the 49ers!). Our favorite point of contention to this day is the Brett Jones/Jay Novacek comparison. I wound up doing a TTM to Mr. Jones and wrote up about this and how I thought he was the superior TE. Along with autographing a couple customs he wrote back to me and said that my brother is still wrong. The sheer joy I got in putting that note in his face is PRICELESS! Whenever we bring it up again I always end with "well I have it on good authority from a former NFL player that you are wrong".

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man that is pretty cool. Personally though, I’ve got to agree with your brother, I am a Novacek person myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls
    See jplcom's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Man that is pretty cool. Personally though, I’ve got to agree with your brother, I am a Novacek person myself.

Well I have it on good authority from a former NFL player that you and my brother are wrong ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

This is a little long...

I sent a TTM request to Raymond Berry a couple of years ago. In the letter I discussed how I like to show my boys highlights of and talk about former legends, him being 1. He sent back my card, signed, as well as a signed testimonial card, plus a note telling me that he played with a gentleman with the same last name as me, and asking me to write back with the names of my 4 boys so he could send them some autographed photos. I wrote him again with the names of my boys, and thanked him for his generosity. A couple of weeks later I received an envelope with 4 signed and personalized pictures and 4 signed testimonial cards, one for each of my boys. He also sent a DVD of "The Greatest Game Ever Played" (1958 NFL Championship game), a video made of him and how he trained, as well as a book about the '58 game. These were just to borrow, and he asked me to return them when I was done. We watched the video's, and I read the book. I returned them with another letter, again thanking him for his generosity. In the letter I discussed faith and family, and how grateful we were for his continued kindness. I was surprised to receive another letter about a week or so later with another note, as well as a copy of his favorite pieces of scripture. As much as I love having his signature in my collection, the notes and scripture are more valuable to me.

I have since written him to see how he was doing, but did not hear back. I may send him another, just to see how he has been.

Thanks for the read.

Brad

Hidden Content | NFL HOF Player RC Collection: 202/264 (76.52%)
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Always looking for vintage stars/semistars/rookies in all sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow that is awesome! I bet you’re kids were ecstatic to receive that from Mr. Berry.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

Wow that is awesome! I bet you’re kids were ecstatic to receive that from Mr. Berry.

They are usually pretty excited when we get signed returns, but these were a little more special.