Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Panini Cutting The Amount Of Basketball Releases

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ball-releases/

The number of basketball card products being released this season is dropping by five.

At the Southern Hobby Supply Expo in Nashville Monday, the company announced it would be eliminating six products from the schedule and adding another.

Gone are Prestige, Essentials, Status, Vanguard, Ascension and Totally Certified. Added to the list will be Certified (different product than Totally Certified). That means a roster of releases that will drop from 27 to 22 during the 2018-19 collecting year.

Nobody buying new basketball cards?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Good - it's overkill lately.

Bucket: Hidden Content
    Currently looking for: Jaren Jackson Jr | 2013/14 Intrigue Slam Ink Jason Richardson

Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

22 is still a lot 15-18 is prolly about right, essentials and ascension had some cool inserts, Status and vanguard didn't seem to be any buzz about them, and kinda surprise and prestige as it's been a long time release for the company

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Always thought Prestige was kind of bland. They did a better job bringing back the old lower end standards, Donruss and Hoops. There doesn't seem to be a "mid end" product anymore (unless they are still doing Threads). I wonder if the revamped Certified line will try to explore that niche, if there's still one in the b-ball hobby. Certified's 90-ish price would seem to indicate such.

Trade List and Want List: Hidden Content
    Personal Collection 50 Favorite Card Showcase (Updated 03/25/19): Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always thought Prestige was kind of bland.

It was and has always been. I mean I can't think of a good release of Prestige EVER. I mean not in baseball. Not in football etc. It always baffled me that they picked that one to resurrect and bring over to basketball because it literally had no brand following.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have never liked Prestige that much, it seems the base designs got worse as the years went on. But it is odd that they would cut this product considering it was the inaugural 09-10 Panini Basketball product.

I used to like Threads base card designs (09-10 and 10-11 specifically) but those have also gotten worse over the years when Panini decides to release this product.