Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: NBA parity

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NBA parity

Intrigued by the look of the standings so far this year. There are currently 17 teams with winning percentages between .500 and .667, only two above .700 (Raptors and Bucks in the East), and only four below .300 (Bulls, Cavs, Hawks, and Suns, although it's worth nothing that the Cavs have won two in a row, and the Suns somehow managed to beat the Bucks recently).

Seems like almost any team can win on any given night now. I haven't done research on recent past seasons, but it seems like the league is on pace to have fewer extremes in records than in most past seasons.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think a lot of this has to do with the "poor" start by a bunch of the teams that everyone expected to be good. I mean do people really think that the Celtics are a .500 team? The Warriors are also having some "issues" or they would be once again crushing it.

Still baffled as to why the Suns continue to be out right horrible every year though. They get all these super high draft picks and do absolutely nothing with them. And when was the last time they signed a good free agent?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Rockets as well. They are right around .500.

Suns are a mess. I saw them vs. OKC, and there is hardly any structure; players don't do the little things, and they don't seem to have well-designed plays or tactics other than some nice lobs to Ayton -- who, by the way, is a nice talent (maybe David Robinson lite), but he has no fundamentals for shot-blocking and such on defense. Booker can really score, but he's also streaky.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rockets as well. They are right around .500.

Yeah I'd kinda be shocked if the West ends the way the standards are now. The teams that are leading are deep but I fully expect the Warriors and Rockets to pick it up big time in the second half and I would think the same with the Celtics in the East but I haven't heard enough about them to know why they are struggling to know if they will turn it around.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I'd kinda be shocked if the West ends the way the standards are now. The teams that are leading are deep but I fully expect the Warriors and Rockets to pick it up big time in the second half and I would think the same with the Celtics in the East but I haven't heard enough about them to know why they are struggling to know if they will turn it around.

I haven't watched the Celtics much this year, but per the stats and some commentary from fans on RealGM, it looks like Hayward is understandably really struggling to come back from his gruesome injury last year, and for some reason Jaylen Brown has been awful. His numbers are way down across the board. The role players are not overachieving like they have in the past.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

wow look at the parity in the West in particular right now:

http://www.nba.com/standings/

There's only one bad team there, the Suns. East has more extremes -- the top three teams with the winningest records, but also five teams below .400.

I still think the only team that can really beat the Warriors is themselves and their egos, but it's interesting how even most of the rest of the league is at this point. If for whatever reason the Warriors can't hold themselves together, the league becomes pretty wide open for top dog status.

Such an odd season!