Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New here. 1972 Topps entire set questions.

Hey guys and gals,
    First post here. I am honestly excited to be back in the sports memorabilia and card collecting world. My father was a sports enthusiast, and he owned an Upper Deck Authenticated store here in my city for the majority of my childhood. I had the privilege of being around for some private signings, and was an avid hockey card collector when I was a kid. I haven’t really been into memorabilia and cards much as an adult, however. Fast forward to today. I have come upon an entire 1972 Topps baseball series of cards. I have not counted them; however, I believe it is the whole set. I have done extensive research online, and I think I have found all of the cards that are worth something to collectors or those who still care about 1972 baseball players. In this card collection, I am 99% sure I have a gem mint 10 Roberto Clemente card #309. Can someone tell me what this may be worth? PSA says 4k but I have seen much lower that have claimed to be gem mint condition,too. Also, I know it is not practical or worthwhile to get all of the cards in the set graded, but would you recommend getting at least this particular card graded to prove authenticity and value?

Could someone also please let me know what they feel the cards that are worth something in this set may be? I have a list based off of Deans cards.com but I’d like to know what you guys think. Also, if I count these cards and the full set is there, is it more practical to sell everything as a set or break them down into cards worth money and sell them separately? Aside from collectors here in my city, where would you recommend selling any or all of these cards? I have no use for them, but generally speaking the entire set is in good condition with very few frayed edges, rips, tears, or creases and there is probably someone out there that would enjoy having these things. Any advice would be completely appreciated as my father has passed away and I no longer have access to his wealth of knowledge.

Thank you!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

InkedChick0712- Welcome to SCF! If you are that certain the Clemente is Gem Mint, it is definitely worthwhile to have the card graded by PSA or BVG.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Get the Clemente graded!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

post a picture of the clemente, there are many members who can help you determine if the condition is high enough to warrant grading

SCF Rewards
    Country

was wondering what you decided to do ? Will any of this be for sale ??

SCF Rewards
    Country

PM sent