Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Packers Fire Mike McCarthy

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...-mike-mccarthy

The Packers have made a shocking mid-season change, firing head coach Mike McCarthy, the team announced in a statement posted to Twitter.

The team also announced that offensive coordinator Joe Philbin would take over as interim coach. While McCarthy was widely known to be on the hot seat, an in-season change is still a surprise because of his history with the team. The change comes immediately after the Packers’ embarrassing home loss to the Cardinals, where they lost as massive favorites.

A source told Adam Schefter of ESPN that the team brought McCarthy in immediately after the game and let him go, and that McCarthy was “not expecting it” (Twitter link). The “writing was on the wall” already, but today’s loss was the “final straw” for McCarthy, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link), who notes that McCarthy will be “very desirable” as a free agent.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Something is not right in Cheese Town but I don't know if it is just McCarthy that was the problem.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My guess is the sports shows will put all the blame for the loss to the woeful Cardinals on McCarthy but that is absurd … I'm sorry and I like Rodgers, but there is NO EXCUSE for Aaron Rodgers to lose a game AT HOME to one of the worst teams in the entire NFL, a team QB's by a rookie having a terrible season, and a team that is worse in most phases than the Packers are … at some point, Rodgers has to be held accountable and firing McCarthy seems like coddling Rodgers to me ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

My guess is the sports shows will put all the blame for the loss to the woeful Cardinals on McCarthy but that is absurd … I'm sorry and I like Rodgers, but there is NO EXCUSE for Aaron Rodgers to lose a game AT HOME to one of the worst teams in the entire NFL, a team QB's by a rookie having a terrible season, and a team that is worse in most phases than the Packers are … at some point, Rodgers has to be held accountable and firing McCarthy seems like coddling Rodgers to me ...

Seems like Rodgers has stunk this year along with the coach so it only makes sense that you axe the coach and keep the QB. You can win next year with the QB and a better coach but you aren't going to get a better QB on the team next year.

To be fair to both I said the roster stunk and that I didn't like the off season moves. Still thought they could contend in that division though but both the Bears and Vikings have been better this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I think he deserved to end the season and then walk away. He was a class act and has a Lombardi

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

First time in franchise history a Packers coach was fired midseason.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Call me crazy but I would have loved to see the Pack pull off a blockbuster trade with Rodgers ... and it might actually improve their team ... like when the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker to the Vikings ... imagine the Packers trading Rodgers to the Raiders on draft night for Carr, the #1 overall pick, the Raiders 2nd round pick and a #1 pick in 2020 and then using the extra cap savings they would save by swapping Rodgers out for Carr to add a guy like Landon Collins to the defense ... THAT could really kickstart a Packers resurgence ... just saying, it would be fun to see.