Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Canada Post question

SCF Rewards
    Country

Canada Post question

I have trades that I mailed out almost 4 weeks ago, only to traders in Canada, and they have still not received their end nor have I received my end. I know Canada Post was doing rotating strikes in Ontario and possible other cities in Canada but the strike is over now for almost a week.. Has anyone else have a problem with their slow delivery or is it just my area in southern Ontario.
    Getting frustrated with their poor service but what else can you do but wait.

Sorry for the rant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I too have some trades that I haven't received with the same time frame. I just gotten cards on friday and yesterday a trade was just completed so I think he obviously got my end of the deal, so I think it will take time but our mail is getting there slowly but surely

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

it's super inconsistent but there are still various situations preventing mail from coming. Notably there is huge backlog in some processing centers and there's been some protest activity at some locations preventing mail trucks from entering or leaving facilities which just means the backlog is taking longer to deal with - CP has said it'll be well into January 2019 before they've cleared all the backlog with Xmas coming to make it worse

Like others have said, I have some things that I've received about 4-5 days after the deal was made while I am still waiting on a package from a trade that was done over 3 weeks ago (with a member that lives like 1.5 hours drive from here)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

When that back-to-work legislation was passed, I think there was already a story out that said the CP processing centre in Mississauga was so backed up, anything in the trucks there wouldn't be delivered until 2019.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

Same boat here. I’ve completed some trades within days, but I have a couple of trades that have been shipped over a month ago and we’ve still to get each other’s cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

When that back-to-work legislation was passed, I think there was already a story out that said the CP processing centre in Mississauga was so backed up, anything in the trucks there wouldn't be delivered until 2019.

I'm not sure if that is true or a misinterpretation of the "the backlog won't be cleared until 2019" statement that CP made. Essentially they're trying to approximate a first-in-first-out method for dealing with it but they know that the xmas season will put alot of strain on it so they're saying they won't be back to normal processing time until 2019 - but I think anything they have now or on any trucks now should fairly safely complete within 2018

I'd caution xmas shopping unless it's shipped through a carrier though

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not sure if that is true or a misinterpretation of the "the backlog won't be cleared until 2019" statement that CP made. Essentially they're trying to approximate a first-in-first-out method for dealing with it but they know that the xmas season will put alot of strain on it so they're saying they won't be back to normal processing time until 2019 - but I think anything they have now or on any trucks now should fairly safely complete within 2018

I'd caution xmas shopping unless it's shipped through a carrier though

You're probably right about that. The comment made things sound worse than they actually were (and likely by design).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

When I strike was on, I mailed a pkge to New Brunswick and it was there in 5 days, also mailed a pkge to NY and it took 7 days.