Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Collecting cards on instagram

How many guys on here also use Instagram for hockey cards? Is it popular enough to join?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram:

I've thought about doing this and eventually I'm going to create a separate profile aside from my personal instagram. I think it will eventually catch on. It makes a lot of sense and is a lot more user friendly than photo bucket. (Photobucket is awful imo).

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use it, there are not many people on SCF whom I recognize on IG.

On the flip side, not many IG people use forums.

Lots of kids, not a bad thing ...... but in saying that, you can come up with your conclusions as to how some people act.

Ive actually made quite a few sales, a couple trades and 2 purchases. Make sure to do your research, there is no "new member need 20 transactions" kinda thing like you have here.

At worst, like the other member said, its a good scroll through a much more active S&T section. There is usually always someone to negotiate with, and its very easy to show off your collection ( and actually get replies / likes )

I actually found my White Whale on IG earlier this month, and it comes along with a shield =). If that was all that would come out of IG for me in the hobby, then I would say its a success\

EDIT:

I guess I didnt really answer your question.

1 - I think 4 or 5 members of the boards follow me ( maybe more? )

2 - I currently have about 260 followers, but there are easily 1000+ people that are fairly active
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 12-06-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers

I use it, there are not many people on SCF whom I recognize on IG.

On the flip side, not many IG people use forums.

Lots of kids, not a bad thing ...... but in saying that, you can come up with your conclusions as to how some people act.

Ive actually made quite a few sales, a couple trades and 2 purchases. Make sure to do your research, there is no "new member need 20 transactions" kinda thing like you have here.

At worst, like the other member said, its a good scroll through a much more active S&T section. There is usually always someone to negotiate with, and its very easy to show off your collection ( and actually get replies / likes )

I actually found my White Whale on IG earlier this month, and it comes along with a shield =). If that was all that would come out of IG for me in the hobby, then I would say its a success\

EDIT:

I guess I didnt really answer your question.

1 - I think 4 or 5 members of the boards follow me ( maybe more? )

2 - I currently have about 260 followers, but there are easily 1000+ people that are fairly active

Thank you for your answer! Thats awesome to hear your got a big pc card from Instagram! Its always good to be on different forums there's always something someone owns that you want.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I use it (same username on here), and have made a few deals on there. Just be careful and if something seems shady, it probably is. Best of luck!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See kylbeecke_0's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to beeckerka@outlook.com Member is PayPal Verified

IG is great for showcasing a collection or looking at what else is out there. Interesting to see the different niche collectors with decent to good photo quality. Also quite a few people put effort into taking the pictures, I appreciate that.

Transactions there are much more likely to be shady and there must be proper precautions taken. As mentioned above, there are a lot more immature people or kids.

Overall enjoy it for what it is....

my IG is: penguinspirates

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

How do you find people to follow who trade? Is it fairly easy, just start following one person and it will lead to others?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

I have never been on Instagram and never plan on it in the future. Of course, I am old and fear technology and change, so you can take that into account.

Just as I got most of my traders onto Photobucket, it began to get all freakish with ads and became unusable. So I started moving to flickr, and then they decided to limit your size. There is always going to be some newer and better something or other to move to every month, and it is only getting worse. So I stick to a few things I know that work.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram:

Insta update, I've made an account to show off/sell all my cards and its like I've discovered a whole new world. The community on there is BIG! Follow me @aubs_cards. It's such an easy and efficient way to display your cards.

Anybody know if there is a thread for people's accounts to follow, who are also on here???

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

How do you find people to follow who trade? Is it fairly easy, just start following one person and it will lead to others?

Just follow a bunch of collectors on there. Once you get the ball rolling on that, you'll find suggested accounts to follow and find others who collect as well within the IG community. It's fairly natural once you get going. Also some collectors mention in their bio if they are looking to trade/collect certain players, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast