Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Blake bortles future?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Question Blake bortles future?

Reports are that the Jaguars have decided to cut Bortles at season's end, which will mean they will pay him $16,500,000 NOT TO PLAY for them next season.

What do ya'll think will happen to Bortles?

Personally, I think he's done as a starter, or at least that he won't be signed by a team to be the starter (he could certainly start again and even be successful if the starter in front of him goes down with an injury), but I do think he'll get signed in the offseason to be a backup somewhere ... maybe Dallas, Denver or Washington?

SCF Rewards
    Country

He is definitely done as a starter, his skills never fully developed and he has very low football IQ. I wouldnt be shocked if he ends up in Washington.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

If he can work as a mentor type he'll get work. People keep hauling Sanchez off the street for stuff he did 10 years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say there are enough job openings out there that he can get a starter job but it will depend on where he wants to go and for how much. Would it be better off for him being a backup somewhere else? Yes IMO since he is still going to be paid a ton by the Jaguars so he might as well go to a better situation versus trying to go to a hellhole just to "start again".
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree with the above posts ... and I honestly don't think there will be a starter position available for him next year during free agency, as he'll be firmly behind Bridgewater as the top free agent QB imo and the ONLY teams that should have a QB1 opening are the Redskins and maybe the Giants if they move on from Eli, and at least one of those teams (the one that doesn't sign Bridgewater?) will likely draft a QB.

Honestly, it wouldn't even shock me if Bridgewater can't find a starting spot … he and Bortles should be the top 2 free agent QBs and neither will probably be as interesting to teams as the top 3 rookie QBs (Haskins, Herbert and Lock) will be, and the only teams that may need a "new" QB1 could be the Redskins, Jaguars and Giants, with the Dolphins and Bengals maybe two other teams that could draft a QB in the first round. That said, I could see the Skins, Giants and Jags all drafting one of the top 3 QBs, Bridgewater just staying in New Orleans on the cheap and Bortles maybe signing on the cheap as a backup with the Dolphins or Cowboys …