Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Please Note - jkatz99 will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

NBA Trading cards collection

Hi everyone,

I own a collection of NBA Trading cards from the mid 90', some earlier or newer.
    There are hundreds of cards, not graded, most of them in a great condition, and the few dozens cards (up to 100-150) were being kept in hard cases or 9 pocket sheet.

Since I am not from the USA but from Israel, where NBA Trading cards are not common, I am asking what would you guys recommend me to do with my collection, since I've been thinking of selling it.
    1. Sending it for authentication and grading to the USA is pretty expensive (PSA / Beckett / etc.). Even sending the allegedly high value cards will cost me a few hundreds dollars.
    2. Selling on eBay or other platform is risky since the whole collection will probably not be sold in its real value (estimated of course), and selling individual cards might decrease the value of the whole collection.
    3. From your experience, does a professionally graded card will be worth much more than a non-graded card in the same physical condition?
    4. Maybe I'll keep it for my children :)

I added some photos for your impression.
    P.S. - Michael Jordan - Decade of Excellence card is NOT his Rookie card, it is from 1996.

Thanks in advanced!
    Jonathan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Jonathan- If that first card is a true Jordan RC and not a reprint, I would definitely have it graded.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Most of those look like $5-$15 cards. I wouldn't personally grade any of them; it would probably cost more to grade than what you would get in return, even if they were high grades (9.5 to 10).

I'd either hold onto them, or sell them in player lots.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is not true RC but a reprint of Fleer from 1996. Wish it was.

I was looking for the same cards as mine on eBay and the prices are either low or high, from different sellers. Maybe I will post a few for sale to know my status. Anyhow, I think I'll adopt your advise and keep them for now.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jkatz99; 12-11-2018 at 02:58 AM.