Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2018 Playbook Football (100+ Images)

Panini America is authoring another riveting edition of the company's uniquely gifted Playbook Football and this one -- like those Playbook pioneers that have come before -- promises to deliver a bevy of booklet cards that demand to be appreciated from cover to cover. 2018 Playbook Football arrives in hobby shops across North America tomorrow and will deliver, on average, four autograph or memorabilia cards (including one booklet) in each hobby box (four cards per box, eight boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case).
    https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2018/...s/#more-229323

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Panini America is authoring another riveting edition of the company's uniquely gifted Playbook Football and this one -- like those Playbook pioneers that have come before -- promises to deliver a bevy of booklet cards that demand to be appreciated from cover to cover.

If the lede gets buried any further, it'll be in China.

Panini America is authoring another riveting edition

When I watch The Walking Dead and the leader of the Kingdom Ezekiel starts talking I can totally hear Tracy Hackler whispering the words behind him.

the company's uniquely gifted Playbook Football

Gifted, adjective.
    1. Having a special ability "a gifted artist" or "a gifted football player".
    2. Can also be used more generally to mean intelligent or having a great range of abilities.

I'm curious what unique range of abilities or intelligence Playbook Football has. Can it run a 4.3 second 40? Is it able to solve complex trigonometry? Perhaps it is currently working towards filming the next great film of the 21st century. Never before have I seen an inanimate object be described as gifted. Sorry, uniquely gifted.

like those Playbook pioneers that have come before

Yep, Panini pioneering since 2011. Or was it Donruss first started doing it in 2006? Well when it probably wasn't uniquely gifted until 2011 that's for sure.

four cards per box, eight boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case)

How's about 4 cards per pack, 8 packs per box, 2 boxes per case? HOW MANY MASTER CASES PER SHIPMENT?!

but wait, there's more!

Once again this season, Playbook Football features some of the most spectacularly conceived

Conceived, verb (used with object). to form a notion, opinion, purpose.

Rather arrogant to call ones own opinion as spectacular.

and aesthetically gifted booklet cards on the planet

Are you KIDDING me right now? Look at this busy garbage and tell me that this is somehow aesthetically PLEASING?

They didn't even bother cropping out the players from the background, leaving this it be a distracting waste of memorabilia. That's lazy photoshopping right there. If this were described as the most ill-conceived and aesthetically displeasing booklet on the planet I could get on board with that characterization.

including the return of the popular Game of Inches, Red Zone and Armory that will be difficult for collectors to put down.

Can't put down what you don't want to pick up. I can't wait for a $250 box to yield a 6 tiny jersey piece of hot garbage named Armory that can't be displayed without a special stand and case.

For the first time since 2012

Who is behind the brain trust to withhold something from a product for 6 years?

Playbook will include hard-signed memorabilia booklets

Ahah, because sticker memorabilia booklets are cheaper to produce and pack out you see. Not because the demand wasn't there.

three in every four boxes will deliver an on-card Rookie Playbook Jersey Autograph numbered to 125 or less.

I remember when the cool hits were numbered to 99 or less. Looking forward to Playbook 2020 where all hits are numbered to /2020 or less.

2018 Playbook Football also will feature the first autographs of Colts linebacker and NFL tackles leader Darius Leonard.

Whoa, wait, THE Darius Leonard? Tackle machine with 135 combined tackles, 90 solo tackles Darius Leonard? Hot dang, tackles are collecting gold! I got a semi just reading that!! Chicks dig the tackles!

Per Pro Football Focus - Until the media uses tackles more intelligently – like incorporating Stops into their reporting – people will keep thinking that racking up a lot of tackles automatically equates to a great game, while in actuality, that may not be the case.
    Last edited by jplcom; 12-12-2018 at 02:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How can the compay that designed this beautifal card:

panini-america-2018-playbook-football-qc165.jpg

and this fantastic multi-player card:
    panini-america-2018-playbook-football-qc141.jpg

also design this ABSURD MONSTROSITY of a card:

panini-america-2018-playbook-football-qc95.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not impressed with this product at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I honestly don't think it looks too bad. I'm a guy who absolutely hates booklet cards because they are boring looking and most of the time I would just prefer to have a regular sized card. But these at least look different and unique.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/