Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sony Michel prices

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Sony Michel prices

Let me preface by saying I am a HUGE Patriots fan...but even I have to agree that the prices for Sony Michel cards is absurd. Good for anyone who is trying to dump his cards, however as a fan who wants to collect Patriots rookies I must say pricing his cards at the upper-end of the 2018 draft class is bananas. His statistics are inflated by the 2 or 3 good games he's had on the ground, and I will tell you from watching every snap of the team this season, all of those yards were basically him running through massive holes opened up by the offensive line...Curtis Martin could come out of retirement and do the same thing right now. On the flip side, James White rookie cards are running a little lower than Sony Michel, yet I would say his value to the team is astronomically higher.

This might just be a lesson I am learning in the economics of sports trading cards, which I am willing to accept...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ I agree and card economics can be crazy. A Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen auto'd card can bring more than a Manning/Rodgers/Favre/Elway card ... people basically treat RC's as "lottery tickets",whereas they appropriately value established stars ... everyone wants to hit on the next Brady ... it's not realistic but is the way it is.

However, if Sony happens to win SB MVP this year, the prices his cards are bringing right now will be peanuts compraed to what they'll bring next month ...