Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Saints Fans Freak After Cam Newton Throws Kid's Dustpan in Trash Instead of Autographing it

The Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints faced off in the season finale, with neither playing for anything. Quarterback ​Cam Newton did not play because he's out with a ​shoulder injury, but he was on the sidelines with his team. Some Saints fans got Newton's attention, as a kid wanted him to sign his dustpan. He asked a security guard to retrieve it, but instead of signing it, Cam threw it in the garbage and even poured liquid all over it.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6260439-v...utographing-it

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I mean, it's definitely a bad look for Cam, but it's not like he spit on a fan like Charles Barkley did, or kicked a cameraman in the groin like Dennis Rodman did, etc., etc., etc. Honestly, I'd like to know if the kid's parent told him to ask for an auto on a dustpan as he knew Cam would take it as an insult (i.e. saying, "you're trash") ... if so, that's bad parenting.

Anyways, it is what it is and I imagine Cam would do it differently if he could, but who knows, maybe not ...

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

That's a lame request. If you are gonna troll someone don't be surprised if they troll you back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Texas Rangers

I'm not a big Cam Newton fan but I'm with him on this one. He's on the sidelines during a football game and someone wants him to sign a dustpan??? It was an obvious insult to Newton, and I know the PC crowd will think he should have had more class, but I say, "Good for him!".