Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COMC Newb

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC Newb

Hey guys new to the site. Just wanted to see if any of you have experience with COMC? How do you like it for buying and selling? How much action is on the site. Do cards sell relatively quick if they are priced good or does it take awhile to sell? Any info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

When you are ready to cash out, buy 1 or 2 big cards that you can easily sell on a different marketplace

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea that's what I was thinking or get something good for my PC.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks to E-Pack, COMC has become a regular venue to get some really good cards for really good prices. Almost every product that ends up on E-Pack quickly turns into a buyer’s paradise on COMC. You can score some pretty nice cards for very cheap prices, just let the inventory build up and get a bulk shipment done for a nice mailday.

For older/non-EPack cards, it is an excellent venue to make them disappear. COMC has a low storage fee for cards, so you don’t have to deal with unwanted stock. Good stuff will always move, it may take a bit of time but if you are priced competitively you’ll have no problem making sales.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've been using COMC for years, and really like it. I have sold over seven thousand cards on the site (though mostly lower end cards).

If you're thinking of sending cards in to sell, I would just point out:

If there are already two dozen copies of a card on the site, there is probably a very limited market for that card. You're going to have to beat the price of 24 other people in order to have a chance to sell quickly.

The fact that you can choose to have your cards also listed (via COMC) on both eBay & Amazon makes selling that much easier. A do move a lot that way.

You have to have patience though. Unless you're paying for expensive (premium) listings, it will be a couple of months between when you submit card, and they actually end up in your inventory.

For buying: It's really good. As RGM81 mentioned: Anything that's sold on ePack is dirt cheap on COMC (well, most of it). There's tons of other stuff on there... if I"m looking for low-to-mid-end singles, it's usually the first place I check.

If you ship 100 cards to yourself in a month, they'll give you $5 in store credit too. Due to this, I typically wait until I have 100 cards I want shipped back to me before having them sent home.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome info thanks guys. What are the best types of cards that hold value? I've been looking at serial numbered versions of rookies, autos and patches. Any particular sets you recommend?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

As a buyer, I love it. It allowed me to fill holes in my PC very easily and pay one flat-rate shipping price to have them all shipped to me at once. Nothing wrong with that!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I haven't actually tried selling on COMC before...although I feel like I may actually try it someday - especially if there's ever a situation where they start accepting submissions in drop-off manner so I don't have to pay the tracked shipping to send them in

As a buyer, what I've found is that for lower-priced cards it's absolutely amazing to get super good deals there to fill set-building holes - but for in-demand cards their prices are actually worse than eBay - although eBay requires some "work" to keep finding the right listings at the right price. COMC requires no "work" you just click and buy.

I also want to compliment their shipping practices - they package up everything up super well and charge a very reasonable fee to do so.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not sure about other shows, but COMC sets up at the Expo in Toronto twice a year, and accepts drop offs that way. It's the only way (other than mailbox submissions) I've sent cards to them in a few years. Costs me NOTHING in postage, I like it.

I know they set up @ the National every year too, I'm not sure where else. I would expect a few other major shows in Canada. I think you can go to their location in BC, and there was talk for a while that they'd be setting up a few other drop off centers, but I'm not aware of that happening yet.

FYI - You don't have to pay for tracked shipping if you're mailing to then. Saying that, you're most likely sending $100s ($1000s?) worth of cards - so tracked shipping is a good idea.... but they will accept them without tracking.

The little amount of work involved in those listings, is exactly why I like using it. I submit the cards, pay for the lists, price the cards, and then I'm done. I do periodically review prices of what I have listed, and adjust if I think I should.... but it's quick.

I haven't actually tried selling on COMC before...although I feel like I may actually try it someday - especially if there's ever a situation where they start accepting submissions in drop-off manner so I don't have to pay the tracked shipping to send them in

As a buyer, what I've found is that for lower-priced cards it's absolutely amazing to get super good deals there to fill set-building holes - but for in-demand cards their prices are actually worse than eBay - although eBay requires some "work" to keep finding the right listings at the right price. COMC requires no "work" you just click and buy.

I also want to compliment their shipping practices - they package up everything up super well and charge a very reasonable fee to do so.

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC is king (for buyers at least). I only collect Marvel cards, and I can pick them up for next to nothing on COMC.

The e-pack thing makes it real easy to pick up cheap Marvel cards. Yet I am still hoping that Upper Deck loses the Marvel license because they keep producing the same crappy boring cards and inserts that nobody wants. It is time someone other than Upper Deck has another crack at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast