Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Looking for reviews of COMC

I am looking into putting some of my cards for sale on COMC, and wanted to hear what others have to say about the site/service. I anticipate sending about 100 cards initially to test out (all cards under $5).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Well...

I know they just recently made some fee changes, but last I knew - it's going to cost you at minimum $30 to have those cards loaded onto COMC with an 8-week turn around time.
    @30ranfordfan - I know you are pretty active on this

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yup. 30 cents per card to load them in now.

I like the site. I've done well there, but as costs start creeping up... you do need to be mindful of the costs, and what you can sell a card for.

If you have a card that you would price for 2 bucks... but there's already 10 copies on there, that might reflect the fact that it won't sell (at least not quickly). You list it for 2 and the rest are 4+ ???? Yeah, maybe yours does go quickly.

Also remember, whatever you ask for your card, COMC adds 25 cents to the price.... so when you see cards in the site priced at 99 cents: 25 is for COMC, 30 cents was the cost to list it, so the seller really only made 44 cents.

Those listing fees are less of a big deal when dealing with higher priced cards, but for low end.... the fees eat up a big percentage of thw cards.

I recently sent a batch of 180 cards, so I guess that says i still like the site (service is good, IMO) but I'm getting pickier and pickier with what I send in.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Yup. 30 cents per card to load them in now.

I like the site. I've done well there, but as costs start creeping up... you do need to be mindful of the costs, and what you can sell a card for.

If you have a card that you would price for 2 bucks... but there's already 10 copies on there, that might reflect the fact that it won't sell (at least not quickly). You list it for 2 and the rest are 4+ ???? Yeah, maybe yours does go quickly.

Also remember, whatever you ask for your card, COMC adds 25 cents to the price.... so when you see cards in the site priced at 99 cents: 25 is for COMC, 30 cents was the cost to list it, so the seller really only made 44 cents.

Those listing fees are less of a big deal when dealing with higher priced cards, but for low end.... the fees eat up a big percentage of thw cards.

I recently sent a batch of 180 cards, so I guess that says i still like the site (service is good, IMO) but I'm getting pickier and pickier with what I send in.

Ok, thanks for the insight. Sounds like it would be better to put cards that are worth a little more than a couple bucks each.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I took a quick look. My sales for 2018 were:

105 cards sold, for a total of $851.17

I was actually a little surprised that my avg $$$ per card was that high... because I think that most of my sales are under $2 (and that is true, but I sold a lot more that were in the $15-$40 range, than I did in the $2-$10 range).

The other thing I would strongly recommend is using the option to have your cards listed on both eBay & Amazon. I have sold WAY more via those two outlets than I do on the site (particularly cards for more than $10). *IF* you do that, COMC takes 20% of the sale though..... though I do think that's worth it, since it makes selling a lot easier.

The big thing, IMO, is do a little research, and see how many copies of a card on there. If you've got a card you think is worth $10, and I've already got a copy for sale for $5.... no way you're going to sell yours before me. If there's only 2 copies of the card - mine my sell and now you've got a better chance to get $10 (since there's no other copy).

But then consider something like this:

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/19...k_Hasek/158127

There are well over 200 copies of that card. Why anyone would submit another copy is beyond me. Lowest price on one (without condition notes) is 73 cents. 55 cents of that is fixed costs. If you sent a new copy in, and priced it at 72 cents: You'll make 27 cents on the deal. Don't want to let it go for more less than a buck? It will probably never sell. There's too many copies.

Another aspect on costs to keep in mind: Any card you price higher than 75 cents (which would sell for $1, once the 25 cents is added): You pay a 1-cent-per-month storage fee, after it's been loaded for 90 days.

On a 100 cards, that's $1 a month. It's not huge, but it can add up.

Ok, thanks for the insight. Sounds like it would be better to put cards that are worth a little more than a couple bucks each.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I have cards on COMC The fees are killing me. I am a low level card guy and may have to put my focus elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    Twitter: @@vaultcardclub1

I recommend starting small and see how you like it. Lots of people swear by COMC and others won't touch it. Overall the fees are more than they would be for Ebay but they take the work out of it by scanning both sides and promoting it for sale not only on COMC but also Ebay and Amazon (again, for a fee).

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC isn't really good for low end stuff anymore. Maybe try sportlots.com?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

COMC isn't really good for low end stuff anymore. Maybe try sportlots.com?

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Oops. Hit the wrong thumb. Too many cervesas in Cancun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast