Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

OKC Thunder: team analysis so far

One of my teams is unwatchable in 2018-19 (Cleve Cavs), but the other hasn't disappointed (OKC Thunder).

The Thunder started out slowly this season, but they're starting to hit their stride, in spite of Westbrook's awkward shot and limited range (23% on threes this season, yikes). George is not Durant, but he's really good. Biggest difference of all compared to the previous campaign? The bench is much deeper this year. Schroder had a rough shooting game last night, but I've been happy all season long with his energy, scoring punch, and lobs off the bench. I wasn't sure if he could co-exist on this kind of team, but he's been the consummate teammate. He and Noel play really well together on the second unit. Noel's defense has been great. He may never deserve his high lottery pick status, but he's nonetheless been a fantastic role player for us. I used to cringe whenever the second unit came in in 2017-18, but now we don't lose a step with our bench vs. the other team's bench.

Overall, this team is simply better from top to bottom than last season's, and I've also been very happy with the progress of the team defense over last season's. We're still missing Roberson, but everyone has stepped up and covers well for each other on rotations, etc. The Thunder are actually one of the better defensive teams to watch in this wild offense-oriented current era.

Do I think we have enough to contend, though? I don't know. George has been streaky in the playoffs in the past. OKC should conceivably get out of the first round this time, but there's so much competition out in the West that it wouldn't surprise me if that's all they could do. All things considered, I'd say OKC is the third best team out in the West come playoff time; Denver's lack of experience will catch up to them (even if they trade for Love), while the Houston Rockets will continue to get back to where they were, and I think the Golden State Warriors will start putting aside petty differences and look dominant again toward the playoff months as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

ERRATIC!
    Hope they get their act together. At times I see them standing around just watching on defense and against a high scoring team like the Warriors and Rockets. Shame, Harden, Durrant and Westbrook could not work together.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't know if there's a single NBA team that's been entirely consistent so far. It's been a bizarre season. I mean the Rockets took the longest time to get well over .500, and the Warriors blew a 20 point lead over them last night. It's just been odd so far. I wonder if we'll see more consistency by any of these teams as the season goes along further.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Hate to say, I do not see a true leader on this team. One day George the next day westbrook. Thety both need to be consistent to win. Neither are consistent,. the rest are trying real hard, but losing gets tired and tend to give up late.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, they didn't give up late and managed to pull one out tonight. I do agree there are levels of inconsistency with George and Westbrook, though. I love George, but there are nights where he's way off. Generally, though, he's a much more reliable shooter than Westbrook, who leads more with his athleticism and aggressive all-around play style than his ability to be a pure shooter (which he obviously isn't by any stretch). I think Westbrook is the alpha dog on the team due to his energy and intensity, but George helps take the point load off him most nights so he can do other things. If George hadn't stuck around, I think Westbrook would have burned himself out this season completely. He's already showing signs of slowing down. He's slightly past his prime now, and it's evident in all his plummeting shooting percentages.