Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos 2019 IP Success Thread

I finished off 2018 with getting 203 autographs, breaking the 200 autograph mark for the 3rd consecutive year and reaching over 1,000 autographs total in my collection. I didn't have as much time in 2018 to graph as in previous years though, which is why I had my lowest total in three years. My goal for 2019 is to break my 256 autograph mark from 2017 but still focusing on quality over quantity.

2013: 39
    2014: 134
    2015: 177
    2016: 217
    2017: 256
    2018: 203

Total: 1028

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, January 5, 2018

Chicago Blackhawks Practice - MB Ice Arena (Chicago, IL) - 2 Autographs (On the Go)
    Artem Anisimov (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Sheldon Brookbank (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck

I started the 2019 graphing season at a Chicago Blackhawks practice, which most practices are open to the public. After practice, I was able to get autographs from current player Artem Anisimov and current assistant coach and former player Sheldon Brookbank. Anisimov signed a 8x10 photo for me and Brookbank signed a 2013 Stanley Cup Champions puck to add to my set. Both of them were super nice and signed outside on their way to their cars.

YEAR TO DATE: 2
    SIT DOWN: 0
    ON THE GO: 2

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cardinals Caravan - Lake Land College Fieldhouse (Mattoon, IL) - 23 Autographs (Sit Down)
    Kerry Robinson (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards
    Ryan Franklin (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards
    Ryan Helsley (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards
    Paul DeJong (St. Louis Cardinals) - 2/2 8x10 Photos, 1/1 Card
    Drew Robinson (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards
    Justin Williams (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards

The 2019 St. Louis Cardinals Caravan came around central Illinois. The Caravan overall hits 6 states and 21 different cities, with 6 different groups of players traveling to 3-4 cities each. There were 2 caravans around me, but a bad snow and ice storm only allowed me to go to 1 caravan. I stopped by Lake Land College Fieldhouse in Mattoon, IL for a caravan with former players Kerry Robinson and Ryan Franklin and current players Ryan Helsley, Paul DeJong, Drew Robinson, and Justin Williams. The event started with an introduction and players telling their story, followed a Q&A session, and then an autograph session to close it out. I got 4 cards signed each by Kerry Robinson, Ryan Franklin, Ryan Helsley, Drew Robinson, and Justin Williams and I got 2 8x10 photos and 1 card signed by Paul DeJong. Overall, I got 23 autographs on the day. All the players were super friendly and seemed like they were all happy to be there.

YEAR TO DATE: 25
    SIT DOWN: 23
    ON THE GO: 2

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Speaker Series - Illini Union (Urbana, IL) - 1 Autograph (On the Go)
    Daymond John (Shark Tank) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

To say it's been a while is an understatement. I have not had the chance to graph the last couple months, but I'm hoping that will change this summer. Shark Tank investor and multi-millionaire Daymond John was at the University of Illinois recently as part of a speaker series. After his talk, I was able to get him to sign 1 8x10 photo, my first autograph in almost 4 months.

YEAR TO DATE: 26
    ON THE GO: 3

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Chicago White Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays - Guaranteed Rate Field (Chicago, IL) - 1 Autograph (On the Go)
    Yonder Alonso (Chicago White Sox) - 1/1 Card

I went to my third MLB game of the season, but the first game I could actually graph at. It was Carlos Rodon Bobblehead Day, so I was able to get a handful of bobbleheads. The only player I got was Manny Machado's brother-in-law, Yonder Alonso, who signed one card for me down the line before the game. Hopefully I will get out to more games as the summer arrives.

YEAR TO DATE: 27
    ON THE GO: 4

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Indianapolis Indians (Pittsburgh Pirates AAA) vs Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox AAA) - Victory Field (Indianapolis, Indiana) - 17 Autographs (On the Go)
    Corey Dickerson (Indianapolis Indians) - 1/1 Card
    Jung Ho Kang (Indianapolis Indians) - 1/1 Card
    Dylan Cease (Charlotte Knights) - 1/1 ROMLB, 1/1 Card
    Zack Collins (Charlotte Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Adam Engel (Charlotte Knights) - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Daniel Palka (Charlotte Knights) - 2/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    Alcides Escobar (Charlotte Knights) - 1/1 Card, 1/1 Card
    Ryan Goins (Charlotte Knights) - 3/3 Cards
    Ross Detwiler (Charlotte Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Paulo Orlando (Charlotte Knights) - 1/1 Card

I ventured to a new ballpark to Victory Field in Indianapolis Indiana to watch the Indianapolis Indians (Pittsburgh Pirates AAA) play against the Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox AAA). Lots of former and future MLB players on both teams. The main reason I went to the game was to watch White Sox top prospect Dylan Cease pitch. In pregame down the foul lines, I stayed on the Charlotte Knights side and got autographs from Adam Engel (2 8x10 photos), Alcides Escobar (1 card), Daniel Palka (2 cards), Ryan Goins (3 cards), and Zack Collins (1 card). After the game, I waited near the players exit and got a handful of autographs. From the Charlotte Knights, I got Dylan Cease (1 ROMLB, 1 card), Alcides Escobar (1 card), Daniel Palka (1 card), Ross Detwiler (1 card), and Paulo Orlando (1 card). From the Indianapolis Indians, I got Corey Dickerson (1 card) and Jung Ho Kang (1 card), who were both on rehab assignments sent from the Pirates. This was probably one of the more fun graphing experiences I've been on in recent memory. The stadium and ushers were super friendly, and the other graphers I ran into were also friendly as well. A big difference from the ushers and graphers at MLB parks. Something about the minor leagues and top prospects make graphing way more appealing than the big MLB stadiums. All the players were super nice, both prospects and veterans, and I was able to get 17 autographs on the night.

YEAR TO DATE: 44
    ON THE GO: 21

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, June 8 - June 9, 2019

Chicago Bears 100 Years Celebration Weekend Convention - Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Rosemont, IL) - 5 Autographs (4 Sit Down, 1 On the Go)
    Roquan Smith - 1/1 Jersey
    Mike Brown - 1/1 Mini Helmet
    Pat O'Donnell - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Steve McMichael - 1/1 Mini Helmet
    Anthony Miller - 1/1 Mini Helmet

The Chicago Bears are celebrating their 100th season in the NFL this year and hosted a fan convention for the first time in a long time. Unlike other team conventions in Chicago normally held at hotels, this one was held at a convention center, which means way more space but also way more fans in attendance. Friday night was the opening ceremonies, with no scheduled autographs. Over the weekend, there 42 autograph sessions and 21 photograph sessions. The Bears played the wristband game, where fans can only have 1 wristband on at a time. There were 5 sessions of 6 signers each, so you had to pick and choose who you wanted. On top of that, for all the HOFers and current superstars, you needed a scratch-and-win ticket, which I did not win. I went for quality over quantity. When I arrived Saturday, I immediately went to get a wristband for 2018 1st round pick Roquan Smith, who was surprisingly not a scratch-off. Smith signed a jersey, which will be headed to the framers soon. Next, I got a wristband for 2000s safety and legend Mike Brown, who signed a mini helmet. Lastly, I got a wristband for punter Pat O'Donnell, who signed an 8x10 photo for me. On Sunday, I immediately went for 1985 Bear Steve McMichael, who signed a mini helmet. That was the only wristband I was able to get on Sunday. I did run into current wide receiver Anthony Miller, who made an appearance in the Kids Zone area, and he signed a mini helmet for me. All in all, I ended with 5 autographs for my collection: 1 jersey, 3 mini helmets, and 1 8x10 photo. Not the best weekend but I am still certainly happy with the players that I did get. I did get a bunch of smaller players on my convention program, but I'm not going to count those. I was not as prepared with unsigned items as I thought, but then again if I did prepare more I'd have way too much unsigned inventory. Still happy to leave the weekend with quality autographs and items.

YEAR TO DATE: 49
    SIT DOWN: 27
    ON THE GO: 22
    Last edited by chitownautos; 06-13-2019 at 10:25 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome stuff. Love seeing the Bears successes!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, June 14, 2019

Chicago White Sox Player Appearance - Jewel Osco (Chicago, IL) - 6 Autographs (Sit Down)
    Yolmer Sanchez - 2/2 8x10 Photos, 4/4 Cards

I happened to be in Chicago when there were three different signings in one day, and I was able to make it to all three. The first signing was current Chicago White Sox starting 2B Yolmer Sanchez, who made an appearance at a Jewel Osco in the south side of Chicago. Yolmer is very fan friendly, and he signed 2 8x10 photos and 4 cards for me.

YEAR TO DATE: 55
    SIT DOWN: 33

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, June 14, 2019

Chicago White Sox Player Appearance - Jewel Osco (Chicago, IL) - 6 Autographs (Sit Down)
    Harold Baines - 1/1 2005 WS ROMLB, 3/3 ROMLB, 2/2 8x10 Photos

The second signing of the day was none of than recent 2019 Hall of Fame inductee and Chicago White Sox legend Harold Baines. He was doing a free signing at a Jewel Osco in Chicago, Illinois right after the Yolmer Sanchez signing. Baines is pretty mellow but signs all the items you have. Pretty cool considering he just got inducted into the Hall of Fame. He wouldn't inscribe "HOF 19" but no complaints from me. Baines signed one 2005 World Series baseball and added "WS 05 Champs". He also signed 3 ROMLBs and 2 8x10 photos as well. Very cool guy and happy to see his name in Cooperstown.

YEAR TO DATE: 61
    SIT DOWN: 39

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast