Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See toddsr's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oilers 5-2

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oilers 2-1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

this one was a bloodbath. Just ask @scottkoz20 about it.

Oilers won the game 7-2, and the winner on this pick was toddsr - guess 5-2.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

this one was a bloodbath. Just ask @scottkoz20 about it.

Oilers won the game 7-2, and the winner on this pick was toddsr - guess 5-2.

i hate you LOL

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@scottkoz20

sigh..... my attempt at a clever meme failed, and I don't care to figure out what's wrong.

Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game!

Did I ever tell you the story of the biggest in-person bloodbath I ever witnessed at a hockey game?

The date was easy to look up: January 14th, 2006.

Coming out of the lockout, a buddy of mine bought a 6 game flex pack in BUF (tix were cheap in those days). I think he as 4 or 5 of the games picked - asked me to look over the schedule an pick one that we would go to.

I picked that game for two reasons:

It was a Saturday
    We both owned LA Kings jersey that we never wore (old Silver & Black... he had a Gretzky, I had a Fuhr).

We decided this would be a fun excuse to go to Buffalo, enjoy too many drinks, and cheer for the visitors... in a game where neither of really cared about the outcome.

Sound like a good idea? Two other friends thought so. They got cheap Black & Purple jerseys (Jason Allison, Ziggy Pallfy) on eBay, and bought a pair of tickets really near us - marginally better seats. They actually convinced the couple sitting next to us to trade seats, so we could sit as one loud, obnoxious block.

Now - the site of four loud Kings fans had a few of the local fans having some fun at our expense (I believe we were told to "go back to California"). Lots of good chirping before the game starts.

I think it took about 60 seconds, and the score was 1-0 Buffalo. The entire section pointed and yelled at us! I think the next goal was just seconds later, and it was 3-0 instead of 5 minutes.

Kings scored one, to make it 5-1, near the end of the first. We started talking comeback!

Comeback hopes were dashed quickly in the 2nd..... the final ended up being 10-1 Buffalo.

It was a fun night.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 01-17-2019 at 02:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

its one of those games... :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12